This is the type of night I dread...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TDX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nine page research paper due at 9 am, presentation for 100+ people at 10:15 am, symposium from 12:30 to 5 pm. I still need a few days of preparation, and only have a few hours.

:(

Members don't see this ad.

YES!!! And post on SDN about it, catch up on some hulu shows, vacuum the room, wash the dishes, and digress by doing every possible thing except... And who can forget: avoid thinking about that thing which you should be doing.

YES!!! And post on SDN about it, catch up on some hulu shows, vacuum the room, wash the dishes, and digress by doing every possible thing except... And who can forget: avoid thinking about that thing which you should be doing.

It's as if you're watching me :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Nine page research paper due at 9 am, presentation for 100+ people at 10:15 am, symposium from 12:30 to 5 pm. I still need a few days of preparation, and only have a few hours.

It was wrong of them to assign you all that stuff at the last minute like this :rolleyes:

This doesn't sound like med school to me!

It was wrong of them to assign you all that stuff at the last minute like this :rolleyes:

On the research paper, I had to collaborate with a number of other people. Two of them were competent, the others... not so much. At the earliest, I could have started yesterday. Which, as it happens, I did.

As for the presentation, I only heard about that last week. Apparently, someone had a lapse in judgment and decided that a rather inane article of mine on monoclonal antibodies should be presented to an actual public.

That is not to say that I am not terribly lazy - I am. As it happens, however, this time the mess I´m in actually really isn't my fault. Which is a nice change, I suppose.

This doesn't sound like med school to me!

It doesn´t?

Over here, med school is a combination of books, research and clinical experience. This bit falls in the `research` category.

Where is over here?

500px-EU-Netherlands.svg.png

It doesn´t?

Over here, med school is a combination of books, research and clinical experience. This bit falls in the `research` category.

Yup definitely doesn't sound like US med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well how awful was it? Did you manage to pull it off?

I'm quite disappointed in all of you for not immediately recognizing the proud nation of Kazakhstan.

oh yes, how could I miss it. I can see her sister Turkmenistan right beneath her. Please excuse my poor geography.

Does anyone else feel that the EU nations of Sweden and Finland look like a scrotum with a penis hanging toward the left? (I.e. Finland = scrotum & Sweden = penis {Just to clear it up. ;)})

The first time I saw a Euro coin I thought this, and it's been plaguing me ever since. (The Euro coins only show EU countries, so Norway and Russia aren't even shown.) Do I have an abnormally dirty mind?

lol you're right. I just noticed...more like split penis. On the other hand, Norway could be pictured as a wolf or hyena humping on Sweden.

Last edited:
lol you're right. I just noticed...more like split penis. On the other hand, Norway could be pictures as a wolf or hyena humping on Sweden.

Whoa. I'm not sure I'd have gone that far...

Does anyone else feel that the EU nations of Sweden and Finland look like a scrotum with a penis hanging toward the left? (I.e. Finland = scrotum & Sweden = penis {Just to clear it up. ;)})

The first time I saw a Euro coin I thought this, and it's been plaguing me ever since. (The Euro coins only show EU countries, so Norway and Russia aren't even shown.) Do I have an abnormally dirty mind?

I do now.

thanks for the pictorial representation :thumbup:

it's Madagascar, duh!

hope it all went well :)

Is that the weight room? Could someone point me in the direction of the weight room... need to go work on my guns.:cool: