This is where the site of service differential $$ is really going...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
The government and Blue Cross are fundamentally jacking up the cost of medical care by progressively penalizing the efficiency of in office procedures by progressive reimbursement reductions that force procedures into surgery centers and hospitals at vastly inflated overall costs. Thecost of medical skyrockets and the government ddoesn't have a clue why...

The EVP of my "nonprofit" hospital pulled in 1.6M last year. Not too bad...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still annoyed with that reporter about something, can't remember what. I just remember she lives in China. But I'm glad she pointed this out to the ignorant masses.

These middlemen do nothing but get in the way of healthcare delivery as they suck all the money out of the system.

The EVP of my "nonprofit" hospital pulled in 1.6M last year. Not too bad...

"non-profit" just means there are no owners. doesnt mean that the entity cant make money. depending on the size of the hospital, 1.6M may be a very small number.

when i meet somebody who is on the "business" side of medicine, i immediately have a negative knee-jerk reaction like i am meeting a lawyer.

“At large hospitals there are senior V.P.s, V.P.s of this, that and the other,”
and they're all worthless and unnecessary

Right. But, the more we keep letting them employ us the more they spawn...

as doctors cant really own hospitals, how do we not "let them employ us"? as much as private practice can add, actual hospitals are a cornerstone of medicine.