5+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2005
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
this guy ain't the greatest dentist in the world:

http://www.baddentist.com/news/

wikipedia:
"Recently the Rosenthal Institute has been embarrassed by revelations that Larry Rosenthal has been sued four times for malpractice, that he has had his dental license suspended after admitting to illegally purchasing and distributing large quantities of cocaine and other drugs, and lied about his record under oath."

About the Ads

utahdent123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2005
Status (Visible)
I don't understand what makes him so bad? If I owned a home and it was damaged in a airplane wreck I would expect someone else to be responisble. What just because he is a rich dentist he doesn't have the right to seek damges? He can't sue the dead pitcher and the next best person is the widow. It's seems like it sucks to be him, but just because here husband died in an airplane wreck doesn't release him of the liability. He might be a bad dentist, but I don't think this should have anything to do with it.

1992Corolla

CheerioKing
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
He may be a sleazball, but the lady who started the whole thing looks like a sleaze herself:

http://www.lyingdentist.com/

She claims he put on big veneers and gave her TMJ:rolleyes:
She also claimed that he was never trained in prosthodontics...sounds like her lawyer is a sleaze too. Since when do you have to be a prosthodontist to do veneers?

All of this is ******ed.

Drill2Fill

DentalStudentWannabe
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2006
Tejas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I see no problem with him suing for the damages. If somebody ran their car into my house, I would expect them to pay.

OceanBlue

HA! I knew it.
10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
South
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
i found this whole thing to be extremely halarious. Like a couple of little kids fighting each other:laugh::laugh:

KOM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
The dentist apparently works on big name celebrities which is why he probably receives multiple lawsuits. When some wannabe big name celebrity doesn't get the smile that Catherine Zeta Jones has then they feel they're entitled to damages.

Then, when the rich dentist tries to file what seems to be a legitimate lawsuit he gets barked at...or at least he will. Condolences to the widow, but your husband was a ****ty pilot.

Not so sure about the drug claim that someone posted above from wikipedia. Seems to me you'd have your license more than suspended if he was distributing large amounts of cocaine.

aggie-master

Scrub
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2004
TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
It sounds like a legit lawsuit to me.

What are you supposed to do when someone flies a plane into your home and destroys it?

The fact that the guy died has nothing to do with the lawsuit.

KOM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
In fact, you know what I bet will happen is some crazy lawyer will probably counter-sue the dentist for having his apartment obstructing the pilot's airspace and causing his death.

prez_al

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
It sounds like a legit lawsuit to me.

What are you supposed to do when someone flies a plane into your home and destroys it?

The fact that the guy died has nothing to do with the lawsuit.
It's a legit lawsuit, I would've done the same thing, but some of the comments at the bottom of the article are pretty stupid placing the blame on the dentist whose home got destroyed.

cel083

10+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
The dentist (and everyone else) has a right to live w/o stuff (airplanes or otherwise) crashing into their residences. Whereelse is there for you to enforce your rights except in a court of law? It seems legitimate to me. My condolences go to the widow. It is a rather sorrowful situation, both the crash and the lawsuit.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.