this may sound a little vain...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dravid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
But I just found out that after you're accepted to dental school, there's a mandatory physical examination

I was wondering how "thorough" this exam is. Am I going to be sitting buck-naked in a room with my manhood on display, or is the doctor just going to take blood samples, make sure I'm not missing digits, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

But I just found out that after you're accepted to dental school, there's a mandatory physical examination

I was wondering how "thorough" this exam is. Am I going to be sitting buck-naked in a room with my manhood on display, or is the doctor just going to take blood samples, make sure I'm not missing digits, etc?
I've never heard of anything like this. Are you sure you aren't just getting hazed by a future classmate? ;)

basic examination, blood sample, you know, the typical stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering how "thorough" this exam is. Am I going to be sitting buck-naked in a room with my manhood on display.
The exam occurs on family day, and you are right on the money, except that you will be standing in front of not only the doctor, but your class and their families, arms spread wide, wearing nothing but your socks.

The exam occurs on family day, and you are right on the money, except that you will be standing in front of not only the doctor, but your class and their families, arms spread wide, wearing nothing but your socks.
You misheard. You're not wearing socks, you're wearing a sock. :D

I'm still trying to figure out what so "vain" about this questions? :)

will scholarships be made availible after this?

We had these for med school - it was basically 10 min with my primary care doc & he just had to sign off on this form saying that I had no major medical problems that would prevent me from functioning as a physician. He also had to initial something about my vaccination records. That was it - no big deal.

What's your concern about vanity? I'm not sure I understand.:confused:

We had these for med school - it was basically 10 min with my primary care doc & he just had to sign off on this form saying that I had no major medical problems that would prevent me from functioning as a physician. He also had to initial something about my vaccination records. That was it - no big deal.

What's your concern about vanity? I'm not sure I understand.:confused:

The guy doesn't want people fondling his toolbox. What's there to get?

In my school this was the end result, but it started with all of us wearing these white coats...

this is probably one of the strangest threads on SDN that i have ever seen.

Actually, you get a rectal exam every day in dental school. Those who are in dental school know exactly what I mean.....