This Process Has Officially Made Me Insane...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nevadanteater

biochemical engine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Proof:

I have memorized my credit card number + security code + expiration date.

If you had asked me a few months ago to memorize 16 + 3 + 4 digits, I don't know what I would have done, but it probably would have involved laughing.

The worst part? I didn't even have to try to memorize it. I was typing in my Pitt secondary and just filled in my credit card information, no checking necessary.

argh!

Members don't see this ad.

Proof:

If you had asked me a few months ago to memorize 16 + 3 + 4 digits, I don't know what I would have done, but it probably would have involved laughing.

The worst part? I didn't even have to try to memorize it. I was typing in my Pitt secondary and just filled in my credit card information, no checking necessary.

argh!
yea it happens, the application process could do it or even just buying a bunch of stuff online.

Haha, yeah I've memorized all of mine too without trying.

Maybe it's not driving you insane, but rather making you better at memorizing...:p

Members don't see this ad :)
Pft I memorized mine like 3 weeks ago. C'mon, you are behind!

This is another weeding out step to make sure you will be able to memorize the insane amount of info thrown at you during years 1 and 2. ;)

Proof:

argh!

you guys do not do enough online shopping...i think i had mine memorized in high school!! i need to go to shopaholic therapy

I do so much shopping, paying bills, etc. online that I memorized my debit card number (and expiry and security code) like 4 years ago. :laugh: Re-hashing it for all of these secondaries has not been a problem at all.

All of the memorization that you have to do while paying for applications is a part of the process to weed out people who have difficulty remembering so many digits. :eek: :laugh:

you guys do not do enough online shopping...i think i had mine memorized in high school!! i need to go to shopaholic therapy

I had my parents' memorized in high school...

(We did a lot of online shopping and apparently I am in charge of dealing with amazon, etc.:laugh:)

i have woken up the past 3 nights in a row with med school application nightmares. no kidding. the other night i dreamt i left out all my research on my amcas and then last night i had a dream i was at an interview and i was getting hounded with questions and couldnt answer any of them.

this process IS making me insane and neurotic. and it's just begun, hooray!

Goes to show how amazing the human brain is. It can memorize lots of things without a conscious effort.

:( If only I could memorize my orgo that way....

i have woken up the past 3 nights in a row with med school application nightmares. no kidding. the other night i dreamt i left out all my research on my amcas and then last night i had a dream i was at an interview and i was getting hounded with questions and couldnt answer any of them.

this process IS making me insane and neurotic. and it's just begun, hooray!

I dreamt that I retook the MCAT and it dropped 3 points :oops:

Proof:

argh!

It sounds more like the process has made you a savant in credit card details. Insanity would be more along the lines of checking and rechecking your status page, each time expecting it to be different.

In other words, get fitted for your straightjacket, you'll be needing it soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too...

It's pretty cool because now I never need to take out my wallet to get my credit card anymore if I shop online, aha!

<---- AMCAS Fee waiver. For once, it's good to be poor.

I'm slowly going crazy too. I keep having dreams that I show up to my interviews in jogging shorts and a sleeveless shirt. I think it's the best idea in the world until I actually sit down at the interview, then I freak out.

Man, I'll be glad when this is over.

I'm slowly going crazy too. I keep having dreams that I show up to my interviews in jogging shorts and a sleeveless shirt. I think it's the best idea in the world until I actually sit down at the interview, then I freak out.

I keep dreaming that I forget to go to a scheduled interview! Hahaa at least you show up!!

Lately, I've been disappointed that I haven't gotten any interviews yet. Well...last night I had a dream that I got an interview at a school I've never heard of. Not too much of an improvement...

:laugh: I keep dreaming that I show up in this hot black shirt only to realize I have a white bra on and it's showing through the shirt. I mean, if I'm going to be showing too much skin, can't we at least keep it stylish?

I had my credit card numbers memorized years ago - way too much online shopping for this girl. :-D

Should I be worried if I've never had a single dream about the MCAT or medical school admissions? I do dream, only about other, less stressful, things.

PS - I hope you all realize this is not a serious question I am posing.

Last edited:
I guess my opinion is this... we were insane and neurotic BEFORE this application process started. The application process just brought it out!!

I personally have increased my typing from ~120 words/min to about 200 words/min. Also, I have about worn the hinges off of my flip phone checking for an interview call...

200 words a minute?! Man, I don't think I can even talk that fast.

put me up for the insane asylum.....im losing it..................................al;dfjadl;kfa;efa;ionvdklasd;lkd;ad;efjaewia;of;afafd;!!!!! asdfa;sldfh;oaidf;a!!!!!!

;)

I guess my opinion is this... we were insane and neurotic BEFORE this application process started. The application process just brought it out!!

I personally have increased my typing from ~120 words/min to about 200 words/min. Also, I have about worn the hinges off of my flip phone checking for an interview call...

Time to call Guinness!
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Barbara Blackburn, the World's Fastest Typist.
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Typing, Fastest. Mrs. Barbara Blackburn of Salem, Oregon maintained a speed of 150 wpm for 50 min (37,500 key strokes) and attained a speed of 170 wpm using the Dvorak Simplified Keyboard (DSK) system. Her top speed was recorded at 212 wpm. Source: Norris McWhirter, ed. (1985), THE GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS, 23rd US edition, New York: Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.

Last edited:
I agree, but im more concerned by other of its effects.