beegeforty4

Water is hydrophilic.
10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
I currently have due tomorrow: a 10-15 pg. lab report on heat-transfer/mixing properties of a batch reactor, 5-10 pg. pre-report for the next lab on crystal violet kinetics in both a batch reactor and continious-stirred tank reactor (including a new DOE because of a psychotic instructor), a 12 pg. homework assignment for my mass transfer and separations course, and papers graded for the course I TA in. This is all while I have an exam Wednesday in polymers and Friday in biochemistry.

And yet, all I can do is sit here on SDN and click on every single thread and read every single word of every single post.

(Any lawyer type folks out there up for a class action civil suit against SDN for making studying, etc. difficult and thus undermining every bit of hard work you have ever done to get into med school...:) )

About the Ads

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I think i take the cake. Im flying out tommorrow to interview but have been on SDN since ive been back from classes. A bunch of material I should be reading up upon and other errands but O well.

PlayMeSomeMusic

Always waiting...
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2007
NOLA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I am in the same boat lol.. a test tomorrow and a paper that i haven't started due.. and yet I had to go to the library to get away from the computer because I have been obsessed with checking the threads compulsively for like the last 4 days (since i started following SDN).. Still not finished with all my stuff... What is it that draws us in huh?

Thrall

Centurion
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2007
Pacific Northwest
www.cerephax.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I am in the same boat lol.. a test tomorrow and a paper that i haven't started due.. and yet I had to go to the library to get away from the computer because I have been obsessed with checking the threads compulsively for like the last 4 days (since i started following SDN).. Still not finished with all my stuff... What is it that draws us in huh?

Hmm I would guess that maybe it's a lack of self discipline? SDN is no different than video games, movies, hanging out with friends, etc. I guess I've always believed (or at least have earnestly tried to) that you make time for what is important in your life. For me, getting into medical school was very important, so I made time every day to study as much as I could inbetween working 30-40 hours a week and taking > 16 credits each semester. Although, I do know how tempting entertainment can be when faced with the important things in life. Thank goodness for summer vacation and winter break! :)

Best of luck in finding that ..drive.. (for lack of a better term) If you still feel stuck, I would strongly recommend the book "Easy A's: Winning the School Game", by J. Ira Klusky, Ph.D.

Thrall

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i have an english midterm tomorrow and i have read nothing for it...i am screwed...oh well lets just see how good of a bs'er i am

Davjc2009

10+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2007
Florida
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hmm I would guess that maybe it's a lack of self discipline? SDN is no different than video games, movies, hanging out with friends, etc. I guess I've always believed (or at least have earnestly tried to) that you make time for what is important in your life. For me, getting into medical school was very important,

It's very easy to psych yourself into thinking that you're helping yourself getting into med school by searching the forums

Funky

This space is for sale
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2006
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I think i take the cake. Im flying out tommorrow to interview but have been on SDN since ive been back from classes. A bunch of material I should be reading up upon and other errands but O well.
i am sure that it's not so bad when you already have an acceptance under the belt. It's like in sports when a team already is in the playoffs.

heathen

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I find SDN much more enjoyable now with one acceptance :oops: I used to be scared of it before.

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i am sure that it's not so bad when you already have an acceptance under the belt. It's like in sports when a team already is in the playoffs.
Lol i guess so, but its some 300-400 dollars on travel and hotel expenses that isnt being put to good use. But good point i suppose :D

Funky

This space is for sale
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2006
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Lol i guess so, but its some 300-400 dollars on travel and hotel expenses that isnt being put to good use. But good point i suppose :D
don't think of it as an interview. you're just going on a little vacation and it just happens that you get asked a few questions, that's all. :p

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Im not really too nervous. Too bad I dont have time to enjoy. At least Ill stay in a decent hotel for the night. Im also a big fan of flying too haha. So i guess a little mini vacation to get away from it all :)

H_Caulfield

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Oh, YEaaH!? The show "24" sucks ME in. Go watch some 24. Seriously.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.