1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

This site sucks me in...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by beegeforty4, Feb 26, 2007.

1. beegeforty4

beegeforty4 Water is hydrophilic.
    10+ Year Member

I currently have due tomorrow: a 10-15 pg. lab report on heat-transfer/mixing properties of a batch reactor, 5-10 pg. pre-report for the next lab on crystal violet kinetics in both a batch reactor and continious-stirred tank reactor (including a new DOE because of a psychotic instructor), a 12 pg. homework assignment for my mass transfer and separations course, and papers graded for the course I TA in. This is all while I have an exam Wednesday in polymers and Friday in biochemistry.

And yet, all I can do is sit here on SDN and click on every single thread and read every single word of every single post.

(Any lawyer type folks out there up for a class action civil suit against SDN for making studying, etc. difficult and thus undermining every bit of hard work you have ever done to get into med school...:) )

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. armybound

armybound urologist.
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    all I know is my work due > yours

I have a test on Thursday that's going to suck, but oh well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. crimsonkid85

7+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    um, also i have a project proposal due tomorrow. ack.

4. braluk

braluk SDN Surgerynator
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think i take the cake. Im flying out tommorrow to interview but have been on SDN since ive been back from classes. A bunch of material I should be reading up upon and other errands but O well.

5. PlayMeSomeMusic

PlayMeSomeMusic Always waiting...
    Moderator Emeritus 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I am in the same boat lol.. a test tomorrow and a paper that i haven't started due.. and yet I had to go to the library to get away from the computer because I have been obsessed with checking the threads compulsively for like the last 4 days (since i started following SDN).. Still not finished with all my stuff... What is it that draws us in huh?

6. Thrall

Thrall Centurion
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hmm I would guess that maybe it's a lack of self discipline? SDN is no different than video games, movies, hanging out with friends, etc. I guess I've always believed (or at least have earnestly tried to) that you make time for what is important in your life. For me, getting into medical school was very important, so I made time every day to study as much as I could inbetween working 30-40 hours a week and taking > 16 credits each semester. Although, I do know how tempting entertainment can be when faced with the important things in life. Thank goodness for summer vacation and winter break! :)

Best of luck in finding that ..drive.. (for lack of a better term) If you still feel stuck, I would strongly recommend the book "Easy A's: Winning the School Game", by J. Ira Klusky, Ph.D.

Thrall

7. Falco2525

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i have an english midterm tomorrow and i have read nothing for it...i am screwed...oh well lets just see how good of a bs'er i am

8. Davjc2009

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It's very easy to psych yourself into thinking that you're helping yourself getting into med school by searching the forums

9. Funky

Funky This space is for sale
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i am sure that it's not so bad when you already have an acceptance under the belt. It's like in sports when a team already is in the playoffs.

10. heathen

heathen New Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I find SDN much more enjoyable now with one acceptance :oops: I used to be scared of it before.

11. braluk

braluk SDN Surgerynator

Medical Student
    Lol i guess so, but its some 300-400 dollars on travel and hotel expenses that isnt being put to good use. But good point i suppose :D

12. Funky

Funky This space is for sale
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    don't think of it as an interview. you're just going on a little vacation and it just happens that you get asked a few questions, that's all. :p

13. braluk

braluk SDN Surgerynator

Medical Student
    Im not really too nervous. Too bad I dont have time to enjoy. At least Ill stay in a decent hotel for the night. Im also a big fan of flying too haha. So i guess a little mini vacation to get away from it all :)

14. H_Caulfield

H_Caulfield Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Oh, YEaaH!? The show "24" sucks ME in. Go watch some 24. Seriously.