Thomas Jefferson Medical College LOR Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Live4Life

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed on their website that it says "If there is no such committee, letters should be provided by individual faculty members (one letter each from Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Humanities, if possible)". While on the website, it says "if possible", it then explicitly states on the secondary form "one letter required from each". Which means I need to someone obtain a letter of recommendation from professors in each of the core sciences, since I don't have a prehealth committee at my university to write a composite letter.

Has anyone been accepted or interviewed at TJMC without submitting a letter from each core science?

Members don't see this ad.

I noticed on their website that it says "If there is no such committee, letters should be provided by individual faculty members (one letter each from Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Humanities, if possible)". While on the website, it says "if possible", it then explicitly states on the secondary form "one letter required from each". Which means I need to someone obtain a letter of recommendation from professors in each of the core sciences, since I don't have a prehealth committee at my university to write a composite letter.

Has anyone been accepted or interviewed at TJMC without submitting a letter from each core science?

Yep. Interviewed there this year without letters from each science. I had two from neuro, one from public health.

Good luck!

Would it be impossible for you to get an LOR from all four fields? It wasn't easy for me - had to ask some professors that I barely knew - but I still did it.

The physics letter was late getting there, and I ended up getting a phone call about the "missing" letter from my file. In any case, definitely have 4 LORs if at all possible.

If in doubt, call the admissions office and ask...better yet, get an email and get it in writing.

[Just as a quick note: TJMC doesn't exist.

It's Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University (= JMC at TJU).]

Thanks for the info, and thanks for the helping me keep the name straight, I wouldn't want to show up for an interview and call the school by the wrong name.