Program-Specific Info / Q's Thomas Jefferson Unversity 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KelOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! :)

I applied to OTCAS back in July and got my application verified around August. I had emailed the admissions counselor at TJU about my application and was told that the supplemental application would be sent out in September with applications being reviewed late September and interviews starting late October. To anyone who has applied, have you received anything from Jefferson yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there!
I am applying for DPT program but similar I am assuming.
Finished my application at the end of August. Still have not received the supplemental application and was considering calling them.
Let me know if you hear anything!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still haven't heard any updates yet!

Hi, did you receive their supplemental application yet? I am verified on OTCAS and applied to TJU yesterday.

Hi, did you receive their supplemental application yet? I am verified on OTCAS and applied to TJU yesterday.
Not yet, but I did receive an email on Saturday saying that there was a delay in sending them out, so we should receive the supplemental sometime this or next week.

Reactions: 1 user
they sent me an automated email when i applied on friday saying they're having difficulties with the supplemental application / its delayed and should be out in the following weeks

I didn't get an automated email...checked my spam also. I may call OTCAS tomorrow to see.

I got the same email about the supplemental application, does anybody know what exactly is on the sup app?

Did anyone receive the supplemental application yet?

wait I thought they already gave out their acceptances? I did I misunderstand? Can I still apply and have a shot at getting in???

Last edited:
Haven't received received the supplemental yet.

SfcareerchangepreOT- they haven't sent out acceptances for the OT program yet, I don't even think they have started to review applications. So you definitely still can apply through OTCAS. Their deadline is in February and they have rolling admission.

Members don't see this ad :)
Which program are you guys applying to?

I got my supplemental application today.

I also received my supplemental application today. Good luck everyone!

Anyone hear of any interview dates, anyone getting an interview, or when we can anticipate possible interviews?

did anyone manually mail in the prerequisite checklist form? I emailed the advisor with a set of questions and she didnt answer that part if we had to fill it out & mail it in!

thanks

Morgan L. - When I emailed Don over the summer, he said that interviews were anticipated to start late october... but since the supplemental just went out a couple weeks ago I'm assuming interviews start late November - December maybe.

Calling4color- I actually emailed the new admissions counselor about the form not too long ago and she told me that the form is just for reference and you don't have to send that in.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone hear of any interview dates, anyone getting an interview, or when we can anticipate possible interviews?
during the open house, Leslie said that interviews are supposedly to start this Friday! She said there are over 900 applicants and 200 interview spots which is freaking me out a bit lol

during the open house, Leslie said that interviews are supposedly to start this Friday! She said there are over 900 applicants and 200 interview spots which is freaking me out a bit lol
Start as in start sending out invitations or that they literally are having interviews this Friday?

I just submitted my application to OTCAS yesterday. Now begins the painful wait to be verified.

Has anyone been contacted about an interview date yet? And honestly, 900 applicants seems like a crazy high number. They really have that many applicants already?

I just submitted my application to OTCAS yesterday. Now begins the painful wait to be verified.

Has anyone been contacted about an interview date yet? And honestly, 900 applicants seems like a crazy high number. They really have that many applicants already?
Same here. I applied yesterday, too. Are you applying for the OTD or the MOT? I'm hoping less people applied to the OTD because it seems like few people are interested in research (I, however, got interested in TJU because of their research).

I wouldn't be surprised if they have that many applications this year. I am currently at TJU and over 900 applications were submitted for our class as well. Our class size is about 75. My best advice is to submit early, and it seems you already did that. :)

That's crazy!! I applied October 16th, however I sent my GRE scores to the wrong department and it took over a month to get them in. Once they were received I was asked if I would be retaking them since I scored below the 50th percentile in math! So Im retaking the GRE (for the benefit of all schools of course) and they wont be receiving my new scores until the first week of December, sighhhhhh

I wouldn't be surprised if they have that many applications this year. I am currently at TJU and over 900 applications were submitted for our class as well. Our class size is about 75. My best advice is to submit early, and it seems you already did that. :)

Wow, I just can't get over that number! Honestly, what do you think of TJU now that you are a student? 75 seems like quite a large class. I'm afraid I would get lost in the shuffle. (I live in a small town and went to a tiny college haha)

Same here. I applied yesterday, too. Are you applying for the OTD or the MOT? I'm hoping less people applied to the OTD because it seems like few people are interested in research (I, however, got interested in TJU because of their research).

I applied for the MOT. I honestly didn't even realize the OTD was an option. To be completely honest, though, I don't have a strong interest in research. I really just want to be a practicing peds OT.

That's crazy!! I applied October 16th, however I sent my GRE scores to the wrong department and it took over a month to get them in. Once they were received I was asked if I would be retaking them since I scored below the 50th percentile in math! So Im retaking the GRE (for the benefit of all schools of course) and they wont be receiving my new scores until the first week of December, sighhhhhh

Wait did they get in touch with you to ask you that??? When?
1. I got 45 percentile in math. That was such a bummer because I worked so hard on that, and I thought I got so many questions right. What did you get in verbal? Did they ever say anything about the percentile? My number seemed fine when I checked it out earlier.
2. They haven't contacted me, so thats probably a good sign that they're interested in you!
3. Blah. Jeff would be totally perfect. Alas.

How did you find out they didn't get them?

How did you find out they didn't get them?
When I took the GRE I sent my scores directly from the testing center, and I didnt memorize which code I was supposed to use for each school, so when the list came up to send them and each school had like 5+ codes, I went with my best guess. After, I went home and looked at the websites, and contacted the schools that I used the wrong code for to make sure they definitely got received. I followed up when I found they hadn't been received and after a month they got them.

When I took the GRE I sent my scores directly from the testing center, and I didnt memorize which code I was supposed to use for each school, so when the list came up to send them and each school had like 5+ codes, I went with my best guess. After, I went home and looked at the websites, and contacted the schools that I used the wrong code for to make sure they definitely got received. I followed up when I found they hadn't been received and after a month they got them.
Sorry to hear that...guess I'll need to check too!

if you got an email that says your application is ready for review than you won't need to check!

I heard back on Friday that I am invited for an interview. Does anyone have any idea what the interview is like?
I'm not sure what the interview is like, but when were you verified/submitted your supplement app stuff?

Reactions: 2 users
I was verified/submitted my supplemental app around Nov. 1st, got an interview invite last week

I heard back on Friday that I am invited for an interview. Does anyone have any idea what the interview is like?
Congrats! When is your interview? I've heard that it is a group interview and that you also have to do a paired activity during the interview as well.

Wow, I just can't get over that number! Honestly, what do you think of TJU now that you are a student? 75 seems like quite a large class. I'm afraid I would get lost in the shuffle. (I live in a small town and went to a tiny college haha)

I think TJU is an amazing program. 75 may seem like a large class but it doesn't feel that large. I feel like I've gotten an opportunity to interact with each of my classmates. Some classes have us break into small groups at times too and that has really helped to feel like you're getting to know everyone. I personally don't feel like the class size is too large and it's kind of impossible to get lost in the shuffle because we do so many things together in classes. Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about it!

I was verified/submitted my supplemental app around Nov. 1st, got an interview invite last week
Hello! I was offered an interview for the OTD program next month and I was just wondering if you had any insight on the process? I want to make sure I prepare beforehand and I'm not sure what to expect since it's my first of all the programs I applied to. Thank you!!

Hello! I was offered an interview for the OTD program next month and I was just wondering if you had any insight on the process? I want to make sure I prepare beforehand and I'm not sure what to expect since it's my first of all the programs I applied to. Thank you!!
Why did you decide to apply to the OTD over the MOT, out of curiosity? What were your stats like, when did you get the email saying your app was completed, etc? This process is so nerve wracking, thanks!

My interview isn't for a few weeks so I'm not so sure what to expect, I'm sorry! This will be my first interview as well.

Why did you decide to apply to the OTD over the MOT, out of curiosity? What were your stats like, when did you get the email saying your app was completed, etc? This process is so nerve wracking, thanks!
I went OTD over MOT because of the research/leadership aspect! I talked to the admissions counselor about the pros and cons of each and decided the OTD was more in line with my long term goals. Stats- BS in psych, GPA: 4.0, GRE: 149 Q, 157 V, 4.5 W, about 250 shadowing hours in 4 different settings. I submitted my supplemental app to Jefferson the 2nd week in November once I was finally verified (submitted to OTCAS in October but professional transcript entry took 2 weeks) and my app was finalized a couple days after!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey I'm a first year student at Jefferson for OT! I'm a bs/ms student (but have the same classes with the EMOT students) and just finished my first semester! It was really challenging but rewarding the same time! If you are the type to procrastinate considering this program, you're going to have to change that immediately because the professors give out a lot of assignments and exams! If anyone has any questions about the program, feel free to ask! Good luck to all who are applying! I still feel like the application process was more stressful than this first sem!!

Does anyone know how many were invited to interview for the OTD? I tried to guess-timate, but it's kind of tough when I don't know the total slots per interview. I was told it was less than the MSOT, though, because they wanted to get to know applicants better?

Just received an interview for TJU master's program! January 22nd

For anyone who interviewed already, did they give a timeframe of when we could expect to hear back with an admissions decision?

For anyone who interviewed already, did they give a timeframe of when we could expect to hear back with an admissions decision?
I interviewed for the otd (so I dunno if it differs), but I believe I was told by the end of January, and I was interviewed in late December.

I interviewed for the otd (so I dunno if it differs), but I believe I was told by the end of January, and I was interviewed in late December.

Cool, thanks! I thought we were told the first or second week of January, but that seemed soon so I wasn't sure if I misheard.

Cool, thanks! I thought we were told the first or second week of January, but that seemed soon so I wasn't sure if I misheard.
Oh, maybe it was. The girl in my grouo (when we were talking after) aaid January, so I assumed she meant by the end. I figure it's best to assume it's later so I don't get too anxious. ;)