Thompson Prometric in Abilene... sucked!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Knickerbocker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got to start before 8:00, which was a nice thing. However, they had people that were taking different tests. One guy was taking a test that required him to type the entire time, which wouldn't have been a big deal if they didn't have the loudest, clackiest keyboards in the world. The room was small and the headphones did nothing to help.

The same bastard made a lot of beeping with either a watch or timer. He wasn't taking the MCAT, but every standardized test I know of won't let you have a beeping timer.

I had a very hard time with focusing on verbal (and I fell behind and screwed up :mad: ).

The girls running the place talked and laughed a lot. Toward the end, when it was just me and 2 or 3 other MCAT people left, they started doing things to shut the place down - vacuuming, bagging trash, shutting down computers around me (got to hear the Windows shutdown sound half a dozen times), putting headphones back up.

I got the "hurry up so I can go home" feeling from all of that :(

Members don't see this ad.

omg that is sooo aweful. I'm really sorry about that. I really don't like the whole computer thing. Good luck to you.

Seriously you should of complained. I would have, and call up AAMC and tell them about your experience.

wow... I had a totally different CBT experience... dead quiet the whole time, silent keyboards, proctors there were real nice, and yeah MCATers were the last ones out but they waited til after we left to shut down the computers

Members don't see this ad :)