Those interviewed at GWU end of Spetember - Anything???

Ski2Doc

10+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field], Attending Physician
They said not before 10/15 but no later than??? i think mid november?

An1 heard from them, POST interview?

coco

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2004
Status
Medical Student
Nope, I interviewed Sept. 30th and i'm still waiting. I keep thinking, any day now, any day...but no, apparently it's not any day. I'm so anxious! I remember them saying 6 weeks, which gives them till the end of this coming week (if it really is 6 weeks). Anyone else...?

ishqbina

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2005
Status
Hey Coco,

What's up? I interviewed at GW on Sept. 30 as well. Where were you from? From your location I can tell you are from Cali. I only remember a girl who was interviewing on that day from Cali. Anyways, send me a message or put a post if you feel like it. Good luck!

coco

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2004
Status
Medical Student
SlippingSloth said:
Interviewed 9/16 heard back a few days ago. Snail mail HOLD.

Cheers
I guess we should be hearing back in ~ 2 weeks, right? Ishqbina, I PMed u!

gbbdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 23, 2005
mdapplicants.com
Status
coco said:
I guess we should be hearing back in ~ 2 weeks, right? Ishqbina, I PMed u!
i interviewed 9/30, got the "alternate list" snail mail today. is alternate list the same as hold or are there different categories?

OP
Ski2Doc

Ski2Doc

10+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2005
Status
gbbdoc said:
i interviewed 9/30, got the "alternate list" snail mail today. is alternate list the same as hold or are there different categories?

I interviewd about a little earlier than you. I still didnt get anything, i guess its not a formula just random.

Also, someone please clarify. At GWU, are there 2 SEPERATE categories, "hold " and "alternate"???

OP
Ski2Doc

Ski2Doc

10+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2005
Status
Just got put on the alternate list. Do they have another category, hold?

Also does anyone know of the stats of alt list, how many on, how many go in, etc???

coco

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2004
Status
Medical Student
GOSH! i still didnt get anything....and yeh it seems like there are 2 lists, the alternate and hold...anyone who knows any info, please post!

coco

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2004
Status
Medical Student
i spoke too soon. I just got the mail about half an hour ago...and i'm on the alternate list :(:( I am soooooooooooooo upset. I got this immediate migraine. i just wanna cry or smthg.
Why are there so many of us on the alternate list? Do they just not want to fill up their class so soon or what's the deal? Do you guys know if it's ranked or when the next time we'll hear is?
I can't take this roller coaster anymore! I don't appreciate my emotions being played with. I get so excited over interviews...and then this comes and im so down :(
aww im so disappointed! ski2doc, u'll probably hear back soon. good luck, wishing you guys all the best!! :) Keep us all updated!

OP
Ski2Doc

Ski2Doc

10+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2005
Status
They said on the interview, i think, that we wont hear anything till march 15th.

Dont you love the b*llsh*t letter

"...is PLEASED to inform you...", be "BUOYED by the realization...".

Thay should have said, "we are sorry" or "unfortunately".

I hate the optimism. I think only a handgul of people get put or even maybe none she said during the interview, i think.

coco

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2004
Status
Medical Student
Ski2Doc said:
Dont you love the b*llsh*t letter
"...is PLEASED to inform you...", be "BUOYED by the realization...".
Thay should have said, "we are sorry" or "unfortunately".
I hate the optimism.
I agree, i'd be happy if i got in, not when im on an alternate list. thanks for the extra info though.