Those of you Waitlisted at MSSM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BCqueen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a question, were those of you who were waitlisted invited to the 2nd Look Weekend? I know that SUNY Upstate invites you to the 2nd Look weekend even when you are on the waitlist and was wondering if Sinai did the same.

Thanks for your responses!

Members don't see this ad.

Sinai sent an email a few weeks ago to its waitlist specifically saying it was not going to have a 2nd look for its waitlist.

Sinai didn't have a second look this year because the professors specifically requested that they not have to hold class with prospective students shadowing current students. They are trying to work out an arrangement for future years. Anyway, just this evening I returned from MSSM from my own little "second look." I called the admissions office and just arranged to come in and attend a few classes etc. They were more than happy to arrange it.

Members don't see this ad :)
BCQueen:
When did you interview? And when were you notified of your waitlist status.
I ask because I am waiting post-interview.

I interviewd in the beginning of March, and I have not been placed on the waitlist as of yet. I received a phone call asking me to come to the Second Look Reception, and this was the 1st I heard of the school since I interviewed. I called the Admissions Office to ask about my status, but they were unable to tell me over the phone--all I know is that I have either been Waitlisted or Accepted, I am praying for the latter!

Please write if you guys have feedback/experience with this. Thanks!

BCQueen.....are you a URM? I ask because I am, and I received an invite to the 2nd look weekend even though I am on the waitlist. If you are not a URM and you were asked to attend the 2nd look, I would guess that you have been accepted. :)

Smithjay2k said:
BCQueen.....are you a URM? I ask because I am, and I received an invite to the 2nd look weekend even though I am on the waitlist. If you are not a URM and you were asked to attend the 2nd look, I would guess that you have been accepted. :)

I'm not sure about that. There were people who had already been accepted who were not invited for the 2nd look weekend since there isn't one for non-URM's. You should find the thread on MSSM second-look. Just search for it. There were quite a few posts about people getting the e-mail while still being on the waitlist.

Yeah that could be too....just going by what i've seen so far....they seem to be very strange about their 2nd look invites....good luck though!