Those of you who have already taken the MCAT...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicine_man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm going to be incredibly busy this summer. I've got a really busy summer ahead of me. I am currently finishing my junior year, and once classes are finished, I will be taking the Kaplan physics review in order to help me with taking physics later on this summer and the Kaplan MCAT review course in order to take the MCAT this August. Once I am through w/ the physics review (which consists of, i believe, eight 2.5 hour online lectures) I will be taking physics I along with lab, followed by physics II and lab. I will be taking the Kaplan MCAT Review along with these classes (the physics classes are during adjacent summer sessions) this summer. I realize that what you get out of these review courses is how much you put into them, but I was just curious as to how much studying, on average, per week is needed for the Kaplan MCAT prep course in order to come out having retained a good amount ?? (I know, this is very vague!) Just a rough estimate...

Members don't see this ad.

To be honest I barely studied at all outside of the Kaplan course except to complete the homework. I regret that somewhat given that I didnt score what I had hoped I would.

I think the more you can study the better, but you can certainly do well enough to get into med school by only doing what is required for the class.