those that interviewed at JHU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SigurRos

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you all stay in Reed Hall? What is the deal with it? Is it a basic dormitory that they just reserve a few rooms just for interviewees for?

Members don't see this ad.

Reed hall is like a dorm building, it's where some of the med students live. The people I met who stayed there liked it well enough, except for the fact that they had to wake up the same time at the med students (7:30 am) even though our day started at 10:30, lol. I live on homewood campus though, so I didn't stay in Reed. But if you want tips on what to do in the city, let me know :) I personally like Baltimore a lot.

You have the option of staying with a student (who most likely lives in Reed Hall), or reserving a room in Reed Hall (the admissions office will pay for it). I, as well as quite a few of the other interviewees that day, reserved a room in Reed Hall. The reserved rooms are singles and there's a shared bathroom in the middle of the hallway. They already have a pillow, bedding, etc in there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Many students there have a place of their own as well, especially the upperclassmen. I would suggest you try to stay with a student host for at least 1 night. I did that and had the chance to see the school/hospital and attend a class before the interview day. Oh....the single narrow rooms reserved for interviewees in Reed Hall is by no means representative of the student rooms! Good luck!:luck:

For those that require alone time in the evening, is it better to just get a cheap room somewhere else? I feel like I would love staying with a host or even booking a room in reed hall, but when it comes down to it, I need to have my space sometimes.