Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Those waiting for Meharry Interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by No Fear, Feb 21, 2001.

1. No Fear

No Fear Member
    10+ Year Member

Just wondering if other people are waiting for interview notices from Meharry, or other steps in the application process. Also, does anyone know the reasons why they are slow in letting you know if you will even be granted an interview.....What gives?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DOCTORSAIB

DOCTORSAIB Ophtho or bust!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No Fear...i applied to Meharry before I took the August MCAT and have yet to hear from them. Howard is slow too in getting back to applicants, however, i did receive a letter from them yesterday stating that they have received and reviewed my application and that they will get back to me about an interview date (i guess that means im on the glorious HOLD category). Regardless, if you hear from Meharry...let me know ....look forward to your reply... [​IMG]

DOCTORSAIB

4. No Fear

No Fear Member
    10+ Year Member

DOCTORSAIB,

I guess I have a little more waiting to do, since my application was complete around October. I didn't think it would ever take this long to hear something, but I guess we would have been rejected by now if we weren't considered good candidates. I'll let you know if I hear something.

5. Malftap

Malftap Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I just got an interview request from Meharry earlier this week. So I guess it's still not to late to hear from them. Though I'm glad I FINALLY heard something from them I'm probably not going on the interview.

6. No Fear

No Fear Member
    10+ Year Member

Why aren't you going to the interview, have you been accepted somewhere else?

7. Malftap

Malftap Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No Fear,
    Yes I got into some other schools. I looked at Meharry and compared it to the other schools I got into and realized that if I did get accepted to Meharry that I would not go there. So it's no use in wasting the money to go on the interview. Plus I don't know if I would get in there or not but I don't need to waste the admissions committee's time on my file while they could be reviewing someone that is really interested in attending the school. Good luck and I hope you hear something soon.