Those who applied to Texas schools...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Knickerbocker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you have any advice on handling letters of recommendation?

I know that UT wants them submitted electronically. I'm not sure about others yet, as their applications aren't available for another couple of months.

If I apply to five schools, I will need a total of ten submissions. I have three or four people I can ask for letters, but I don't look forward to bothering them with asking for multiple copies.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you planning to ask them for multiple copies over a period of time or all at once? From my experience, references are fine with sending a bunch of letters to different schools at once; they almost expect it given the competitive level of professional school admissions.

BTW, what do you mean by ten submissions for five schools?

BTW, what do you mean by ten submissions for five schools?

I intend to apply to five schools, and I assume that each one will want two letters of recommendation. So I'll need a total of ten sent.

Your professors shouldn't mind. In fact, they would probably think it a little strange if you only wanted them to send LORs to one school. When you ask them, make sure you tell them which schools you need LORs for. Make sure you give them any instructions they will need for each school so they won't have to look it up themselves (addresses, due dates, how to submit online, etc.)