Those Who Applied to UMKC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JURGIS

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is a post for those who applied to UMKC's School of Pharmacy for Fall 2009. I'd like to get an idea of everyone's stats. I'll start:

Overall GPA: 3.4 / Science GPA 3.3 (with grade forgiveness)
PCAT Score: 94% Composite
Pharmacy Experience: 20 hours of shadowing a retail pharmacist. No Pharm Tech Experience.
Letter of Recommendation: Orgo Professor/Chair of Chemistry Dept.
Volunteering: Range of health care volunteering including a board of directors position with a rehab/recovery center.
Work Experience: Stock Broker (I know, totally unrelated), Orgo I Lab TA.

Look forward to hearing from others!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the link to the other UMKC thread. I saw that earlier. The reasons I posted a separate thread was to get a better idea about other people's stats (assuming they are willing to share). This is my first time applying to pharm school and I'm only applying to UMKC this time around. I just wanted to get a better idea of where I stood vs. others.

Thanks for the vote of confidence regarding my chances! If anyone still wants to posts their stats, I'd appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard the average PCAT score last year was in the 60s. The average GPA was closer to 3.6, but mine wasn't even close! I honestly would say you have at least a 95% chance of getting an invite (the other 5% may be...who knows...). Just do well on the interview because UMKC was my first and only interview I had last year, so I was extremely nervous and that cost me an acceptance letter! Oh yea, there were about 20 people who luckily got pulled off from the waitlist by the end of summer.

Overall GPA: 3.9 / Science GPA 4.0
PCAT Score: 64% Composite, but 90's bio, 80's chemistry, 60's math and horrible verbal and RC as you can see to bring the score down
Pharmacy Experience: Shadow Nuclear Pharmacist for 5 hours and 70 hours of volunteering at hospital pharmacy.
Letter of Recommendation: Director of Pharmacy at Hospital
Volunteering: 200+ hours the last few years doing various things
Other things- Clubs, Organic chemistry research

Thats most of my stuff so hopefully more people join in on this thread too...

I need help with umkc medical school interview. I have it in three weeks. I just found out today.

I need help with umkc medical school interview. I have it in three weeks. I just found out today.

As you can see this is a pre-pharmacy forum, I don't know if we can be much help. I think it's best for you to check out the Interview Feedback under the med school section (gives you a feel of the types of questions that are normally asked at the school).