1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Those Who Applied to UMKC

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by JURGIS, Dec 19, 2008.

  1. JURGIS

    JURGIS Accepted Pharmacy Student
    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2008
    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Pharmacy Student
    Hi All,

    This is a post for those who applied to UMKC's School of Pharmacy for Fall 2009. I'd like to get an idea of everyone's stats. I'll start:

    Overall GPA: 3.4 / Science GPA 3.3 (with grade forgiveness)
    PCAT Score: 94% Composite
    Pharmacy Experience: 20 hours of shadowing a retail pharmacist. No Pharm Tech Experience.
    Letter of Recommendation: Orgo Professor/Chair of Chemistry Dept.
    Volunteering: Range of health care volunteering including a board of directors position with a rehab/recovery center.
    Work Experience: Stock Broker (I know, totally unrelated), Orgo I Lab TA.

    Look forward to hearing from others!
     
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. cinnamoroll12

    5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2007
    Messages:
    1,327
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Pharmacy Student
  4. JURGIS

    JURGIS Accepted Pharmacy Student
    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2008
    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Pharmacy Student
    Thanks for the link to the other UMKC thread. I saw that earlier. The reasons I posted a separate thread was to get a better idea about other people's stats (assuming they are willing to share). This is my first time applying to pharm school and I'm only applying to UMKC this time around. I just wanted to get a better idea of where I stood vs. others.

    Thanks for the vote of confidence regarding my chances! If anyone still wants to posts their stats, I'd appreciate it!
     
  5. cinnamoroll12

    5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2007
    Messages:
    1,327
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Pharmacy Student
    I heard the average PCAT score last year was in the 60s. The average GPA was closer to 3.6, but mine wasn't even close! I honestly would say you have at least a 95% chance of getting an invite (the other 5% may be...who knows...). Just do well on the interview because UMKC was my first and only interview I had last year, so I was extremely nervous and that cost me an acceptance letter! Oh yea, there were about 20 people who luckily got pulled off from the waitlist by the end of summer.
     
  6. nas2011

    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2008
    Messages:
    26
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Pharmacy Student
    Overall GPA: 3.9 / Science GPA 4.0
    PCAT Score: 64% Composite, but 90's bio, 80's chemistry, 60's math and horrible verbal and RC as you can see to bring the score down
    Pharmacy Experience: Shadow Nuclear Pharmacist for 5 hours and 70 hours of volunteering at hospital pharmacy.
    Letter of Recommendation: Director of Pharmacy at Hospital
    Volunteering: 200+ hours the last few years doing various things
    Other things- Clubs, Organic chemistry research


    Thats most of my stuff so hopefully more people join in on this thread too...
     
  7. mohandas91

    mohandas91 mohandas85
    5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Medical Student
    I need help with umkc medical school interview. I have it in three weeks. I just found out today.
     
  8. cinnamoroll12

    5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2007
    Messages:
    1,327
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Pharmacy Student
    As you can see this is a pre-pharmacy forum, I don't know if we can be much help. I think it's best for you to check out the Interview Feedback under the med school section (gives you a feel of the types of questions that are normally asked at the school).
     

Share This Page