Those Who Got into Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koalabear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all. I interviewed at Hopkins a little while ago and am in love :love: Just wondering for those of who got into hopkins (congrats btw), how did they contact you and how long did it take to hear? also, what were your interviews like? mine was very relaxed which was nice but i didn't think i got much of a chance to "sell" myself. my stats are also a little bit lower than their listed stats, so i was wondering if anyone has gotten in there with less than a 33 mcat and 3.80 GPA. sorry that's a lotta questions at once. thanx!

Members don't see this ad.

I got the call on a Friday afternoon. I interviewed in late September, and they called in late October, so I guess it took about a month. My interview was real laid back as well. I actually enjoyed the conversations I had. I can't really help you out with the stats information, but I have heard that Hopkins is trying to get more "complete" students and not just those students with ultra-high numbers. I wish I could tell you more though. Good luck.

thanks aumed22. congrats on getting in to hopkins! do you think you will end up going there? good luck with the rest of the process!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there
COngrats to you guys. For those that got into hopkins, i have sent in everything and should have been completelike 2 weeks ago but these guys are yet to send me my complete letter so i dont know what is going onthere. I mean i have to be complete to get an interview and they are not even responding to me yet. How long did it take for you guys?

koalabear said:
Hi y'all. I interviewed at Hopkins a little while ago and am in love :love: Just wondering for those of who got into hopkins (congrats btw), how did they contact you and how long did it take to hear? also, what were your interviews like? mine was very relaxed which was nice but i didn't think i got much of a chance to "sell" myself. my stats are also a little bit lower than their listed stats, so i was wondering if anyone has gotten in there with less than a 33 mcat and 3.80 GPA. sorry that's a lotta questions at once. thanx!

Hi Koala- I interviewed near the beginning and was called on 10/17 to notify of my acceptance. My interviews were also very relaxed. I was worried about the chance to sell myself, but my faculty interviewer set the tone right away that this was a chance for him to sell Hopkins rather than the other way around. I think this was just a product of who he was rather than the typical Hopkins interview style, however I did tell myself that if he had any questions or misgivings about my application, he would have asked me. I got in, so I guess my hunch was right. You not having the chance to sell yourself might just mean that the interviewer doesn't have big questions and knows you would be a good fit, so just wants to get to know you as a person rather thangrilling you about MCAT, ECs, etc.

The student interviewer was also very relaxed, though I felt I had a bit more of a chance to sell myself there bc it was closed file. Not sure if you felt the same way.

Anyway, good luck! If you have any more questions, let me know or PM me!

temmie said:
Hey there
COngrats to you guys. For those that got into hopkins, i have sent in everything and should have been completelike 2 weeks ago but these guys are yet to send me my complete letter so i dont know what is going onthere. I mean i have to be complete to get an interview and they are not even responding to me yet. How long did it take for you guys?

Hey Temmie, I wouldn't worry about the 2 weeks. I feel like I got my complete email around 3 weeks after being complete. Hope this helps.