Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

THOSE WHO GOT OFF THE WAITLIST!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CityIvy, Jun 27, 2001.

1. CityIvy

CityIvy Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

THis message is for anyone who got off a waitlist....how did you do it? Was there anything special you did? Please share your stories! Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. yigit

yigit Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

If you apply late, expect to be put on the waitlist. I took the August MCAT and every school I interviewed at except one put me on a waitlist. I sent thank yous and a letter saying I was still interested and I ended up getting into every school.

4. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I sent interest and update letters, as well as an additional letter of recommendation. I definitely think this helped. Good luck!

5. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It's not a matter of applying late as yigit has kindly shared..... So he's wrong in that part of his response.... it's a matter of when your entire application packet is complete.

6. BigBadBix

BigBadBix Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I sent an update/interest letter telling the school they were my top choice (it was true in my case, although I suppose you could just say that :) ).

If you know of any weak areas of your application, perhaps try to highlight them. For instance, I knew my clinical experience was lacking. So in my letter I described some of the clinical experiences I'd had since my interview.

I don't know if that helped or not, but I'm sure it's worth a shot.

Good luck...I'm sure you'll hear something soon!