Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

THOSE WHO GOT OFF THE WAITLIST!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CityIvy, Jun 27, 2001.

1. CityIvy

CityIvy Senior Member

THis message is for anyone who got off a waitlist....how did you do it? Was there anything special you did? Please share your stories! Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. yigit

yigit Senior Member

If you apply late, expect to be put on the waitlist. I took the August MCAT and every school I interviewed at except one put me on a waitlist. I sent thank yous and a letter saying I was still interested and I ended up getting into every school.

4. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    I sent interest and update letters, as well as an additional letter of recommendation. I definitely think this helped. Good luck!

5. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    It's not a matter of applying late as yigit has kindly shared..... So he's wrong in that part of his response.... it's a matter of when your entire application packet is complete.

6. BigBadBix

BigBadBix Senior Member

I sent an update/interest letter telling the school they were my top choice (it was true in my case, although I suppose you could just say that :) ).

If you know of any weak areas of your application, perhaps try to highlight them. For instance, I knew my clinical experience was lacking. So in my letter I described some of the clinical experiences I'd had since my interview.

I don't know if that helped or not, but I'm sure it's worth a shot.

Good luck...I'm sure you'll hear something soon!