Those who have interviewed at NYMC-HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morriske

This is my fur child
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I left my laptop at home and it has all of my info about my interview (time, location etc.) saved in outlook. Can someone who has interviewed at NYMC tell me what time the day starts and where I have to be? Thanks :)

I'm guessing 8AM at the admissions office but I'm not sure :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I am quoting from the NYMC email, "Please plan to arrive at the Admissions Office on the first floor of the Administration building between 8:00-8:15am. You will be given your actual interview time(s) upon arrival." Good luck!

I am quoting from the NYMC email, "Please plan to arrive at the Admissions Office on the first floor of the Administration building between 8:00-8:15am. You will be given your actual interview time(s) upon arrival." Good luck!

Thanks :D That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Was the interview tough? Any hard ethics/policy questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks :D That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Was the interview tough? Any hard ethics/policy questions?

Just know your AMCAS in and out and you'll kick *ss :thumbup:

I thought it was closed file :confused: *downloading amcas to dad's computer now*

Yea it's closed file that's why you gotta be prepared to tell them everything that's on it :)

The interviewer will have the title and "position title" for every extracurricular you listed on AMCAS. I was asked to talk about a number of the activities I listed.

The interviewer will have the title and "position title" for every extracurricular you listed on AMCAS. I was asked to talk about a number of the activities I listed.

Thanks

I think they get your PS too. I know that I had to bring my interviewer an envelope which contained a list of my activities but I can't remember if there was a copy of my PS in it.

Don't forget, you also have to bring them two copies of your AMCAS PS.:)

They do read over your PS and your list of ECs. Overall though, they don't make a big deal of it. It's a very relaxed interview. You do have to be there in the building before 8 am, its a colonial looking building that looks old. They give you a bit a breakfast, talk about the school, the financial aid then give you assignments for your interviews. You have to walk to your interviewer (time doesn't seem critical since they realize its an unfamiliar campus). Then you go for a tour and lunch and youre done. Typically, the day ends around 1-2.