1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

those who interviewed at pitt....general questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by twinklit, Dec 1, 2005.

1. twinklit

twinklit UCSF2010
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    for those who interviewed for this current cycle, any advice/warnings? it will be my FIRST interview in addition to my first time flying. I will be coming from southern california. here are some questions:

when day was your interview? how early did you arrive in pittsburgh, and when did you leave pittsburgh?
    what did you eat while in pittsburgh?
    during the interview, was there anything you were impressed by, or not too impressed by?
    how many other people were there on the interview date?
    Sorry if i asked so many questions. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mysteree

Mysteree Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I have an upcoming interview at Univ of Pitt as well. So any information would be helpful as well. I'm also curious about the city itself. I was looking at the crime rate of Pittsburgh, and was surprised to discover that it was pretty high. Being a woman, that's something I have to take into account as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

4. dominoes

dominoes Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
  5. dominoes

dominoes Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    1. Interviewed on 11/21. Arrived the night before around 11:45pm. Left Pitt the day of my interview at 6pm.
    2. Ate dinner at the airport, brunch at Pitt, and then dinner again at the airport.
    3. I was impressed by the students and facilities. Not unimpressed. Loved the school.
    4. 70-ish students when I was there. An auditorium full of students.
    :luck:

6. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    My interview was on the 9th. I few in the day before and left the day after (just because I wasn't confident in being able to get to the airport right after the interview). I had Mc Donalds while I was there (I didn't want to spend too much money).

I was really impressed by the school. The facilities were great, the students seemed really happy. There were around 40 people (I think) there when I interviewed. It was a pretty laid back interview. They stressed SOO many times that they were trying to make it as easy on us as possible that it started to get a little weird :) Check out the interview feedback section for other peoples opinions on the school as well. :D

7. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I didn't really feel uncomfortable at all walking around the school at night (then again, I'm a male). There were lots of students walking around at that time (8-9pm). I don't know if you'd want to walk around ANYWHERE in the wee hours of the morning though. I felt pretty safe there and everyone seemed to be really friendly. :)