Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

those who interviewed (MD&MSTP) at UCLA and Vanderbilt pls give feedback!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chef, Dec 5, 2001.

1. chef

chef Senior Member

Hi all,
    My credit card debt is getting larger and larger. I got invited for MSTP interviews for both, and I'm in Baltimore. I'm pretty sure I'll go to both b/c I have no acceptances yet and it'd be real foolish to turn down any interviews from any schools, but I'd like to hear from anyone who interviewed at these schools, for both MD and MSTP. What were your impressions, the vibe you got from the place/faculty/students, were the students happy, were the folks happy to have you, the neighborhood, would you go there if you get accepted? BTW I got MSTP interviews. Thanks a bunch!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. chef

chef Senior Member

anyone?

4. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned
    Banned

I didnt apply to UCLA, and I applied only regular MD to Vanderbilt.

I believe Rumit applied MSTP to UCLA and has already been to that interview. You might want to PM him or check the "MSTP Boulevard" thread.

As for Vanderbilt MD, I got accepted a few weeks ago. I loved the campus and the feel of the area. The only thing that wasnt great about it was the fact that its a very traditional curriculum, no PBL or anything like that. I kinda like PBL. But other than that I thought it was a great school with a highly respectable medical center. When I stayed at the hotel in Nashville, I took a shuttle over to the medical center and there were a bunch of Vanderbilt patients who came in from all over a 4-5 state region just to come to the doctors at Vanderbilt. They all raved about the place.