Those who passed NBDE part 2 - what were you scoring on mastery app/practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I Brush My Teeth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, currently studying for NBDE part 2 and using the mastery app. For those who passed, what were you scoring on the app? How did you find it compared

Members don't see this ad.

Interested as well. I score 50% across all subjects after my first run through with the Mastery app. Is that sufficient and if not, what score should I aim for?

Interested as well. I score 50% across all subjects after my first run through with the Mastery app. Is that sufficient and if not, what score should I aim for?

Have you taken part 2 yet? The first time I took it, I made sure I went through all the app questions until I understood it and it was NOTHING like it.

Members don't see this ad :)
i feel mastery app is good but it does not have similar questions like exam but good for concept based knowledge

Hey everyone, currently studying for NBDE part 2 and using the mastery app. For those who passed, what were you scoring on the app? How did you find it compared
Also interested... re-taking the exam in a few months as well...

I used the Mastery App for NBDE II during my preparation last fall and was scoring around 60-65% the first time through. After completing all of the questions and trying to learn from each one, I went through the app a second time and was scoring around 80%. Generally I liked the app and felt that it was useful for testing myself and judging how my studying was going, but I would use it more as a supplement to other materials for the bulk of your studying (as in, when you want to complete practice questions or want to do something different but still effectively use your time studying).

Hope this helps!

Around 60% the first round through all the questions and kept going through til I had 100% correct. Mastery app + the ASDA old tests was the majority of what I studied. Questions were comparable. Several very similar or exact from the old ASDA tests

I have a super detailed post about my 4 attempts at NBDE 2 and what I did for my successful one if you want a super in depth .

I personally think the mastery app was not a good reflection of the actual exam. At all.
Board Vitals was much better

I have a super detailed post about my 4 attempts at NBDE 2 and what I did for my successful one if you want a super in depth .

I personally think the mastery app was not a good reflection of the actual exam. At all.
Board Vitals was much better
Im assuming mastery is more difficult with more complex questions?
Of course those difficult questions are there, just not as many as you would think