those who say higher RC corelates to higher performance at d-school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

z3u2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/dat_users_manual.pdf

the above document, which was published in 2006

page 23 of the document shows the corelationship between dat/gpa/first year performance

if i understand Coefficients correctly (do correct me if i'm wrong), the closer to the value 1, the better corelationship there is.

So it seems like, by the rank, or mostly co-related to the least co-related:
total GPA, Science GPA, AA, TS, GC, OC, RC, BIO, QR, PA

There's a table on the next page, shows DAT AA, TS corelates better on the board exams than pre-dental GPAs

I know the data was from 2002, but since the document was published last year, i assume that's the latest data they have?

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/dat_users_manual.pdf

the above document, which was published in 2006

page 23 of the document shows the corelationship between dat/gpa/first year performance

if i understand Coefficients correctly (do correct me if i'm wrong), the closer to the value 1, the better corelationship there is.

So it seems like, by the rank, or mostly co-related to the least co-related:
total GPA, Science GPA, AA, TS, GC, OC, RC, BIO, QR, PA

There's a table on the next page, shows DAT AA, TS corelates better on the board exams than pre-dental GPAs

I know the data was from 2002, but since the document was published last year, i assume that's the latest data they have?

Any thoughts?

Nice. But I think they should include statistics for each school too, since they all have different teaching styles.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was under the impression that the RC section correlated well with board scores, and not d-school itself. That idea has been tossed around a bit on these forums, and I did hear this from an admissions director as well.

Well, according to that document a high RC does correlate with higher performance in dental school. It also draws the conclusion that a high GPA, SNS, AA, PAT, Bio, GChem, Ochem and QR score correlates with better performance.

what i meant to discuss was i've seen people saying RC is the most important of dat because RC co-relates the most.

but from the data it looks like many other sections co-relates better

i agree with 997GT3, the data will vary since every school teaches differently, and will affect whether RC co-relates more or less.