Those who took TPR and did well...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDtoBe777

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question to those people who took TPR and did really well :thumbup: on the MCATs. Do you think TPR gave you enough information to study? Most of their books seem pretty detailed, but then when I look through EK material they have more difficult questions. Did you just use TPR? Or, did you supplement it with EK or any other prep books? :confused: Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

My advice is to think about whether you feel like you're learning the material adequately and feel prepared with the TPR stuff. If you don't feel prepared, get the extra materials. Also, if by your progress you see that you'll run out of practice problems a whole month before the test, go ahead and get extra stuff to keep sharp.

There's no point in getting extra books if you won't have time to do them. But if you feel like you could be doing more, you should get more books if for nothing but peace of mind.

For me, the TPR materials alone were pretty much exactly as much as I needed to feel prepared.

TPR gave plenty of materials to study.

i really don't understand how everybody "runs out of practice problems" and tests, etc. i couldn't even finish all the passages that TPR assigned in their homework, and i only did ~2.5 of the A-D practice tests. if its such a common problem for people, i'm either in awe of their committment or jealous of their surplus of free time.

don't worry about it.

im taking TPR right now..there seems to be a good amount of material in the books. i'm somewhat behind on the homework (passages)..all i've done is go through all the course material. but i am guessing there are about 50 passages for each section that are used for hom ework. but i guess the key is really getting to do them.

Whenever I hear this I wonder what level of detail the poster is planning on learning the material in.

I used only the TPR material, but I tried to know it all to the level of memorization + easy access. If you can learn all the TPR material to that level, it won't matter if you have extra material, while if you half-a$$ it, it also won't matter if you have extra material.