Those who were accepted to SUNY: Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kashue

No longer a USMLE JUNKIE!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did your interviewers write you letters congratulating you on your acceptance and stating the reasons you were accepted? Both my interviewers sent me personal letters congratulating me, telling me why I was accepted, and that if I had any questions to contact them.

Did the others acceptees to Upstate get similar responses? I'm only asking this, not to stroke my ego, but wondering if this is how Upstate recruits?

I thought that was really sweet of them to do this. Interestingly, one my interviewers made fun of my hair in the beginning of my interview and I thought he was a jerk initially, but later found out he was a cool guy. He even gave me marital advice heh (don't ask).

Members don't see this ad.

i dont think i got anything from them...maybe it just depends on the interviewer themselves or Upstate is trying to actively recruit u

I got letters/email from my interviewrs. They were very nice!

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you all interview, and when did you find out.

Thanks.

peace,
mmz6

I just got a phone call from the Director. Very nice!

I got an email from one of my interviewers. It just said congratulations and also said if I had any questions to get a hold of him. It's nice to know that at Upstate the interviewers actually remember you. Sometimes I think, at the schools that interview you and then make a decision a month or two months later, the interviewers don?t really remember who you are, which can really hurt your chances. The other thing that I don?t like about this process is that if you have a bad interviewer and he/she can?t present you very well to the admissions committee that hurts you even more.