Those who've been through The Match process on Voc Rehab (Ch 31)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MusicDOc124

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
While using Voc Rehab, Chapter 31, for those of you who've already been through the Match, what exactly was covered for you through voc rehab/your counselor. All programs applied to? 1 field or multiple fields (i.e applying to 2 or more fields, or applying for advanced positions AND prelims)? Travel/Hotels? Only for the program in which you matched (i.e. the first $100 of the application for that field), and thus the rest of the cost was on you?

Members don't see this ad.

Mine has been great for the entire duration I've had my counselor (5-6 years now), and not sure if I misinterpreted - later in the email, she asks for more info to be emailed, which I'm sending tomorrow. To date, everything has been covered, even my hotel for boards (PE/CS). I had inquired about residency apps now that that's upcoming soon. This was the response when inquiring about it being expensive and that there will be a lot of travel for interviews (going off the idea that the hotel was covered for the board):

"I get that the application process can be convoluted, but just as when anyone is applying to colleges, we can only reimburse for the residency site that you will be working at."

I'm thinking that she might mean the hotel/travel for the individual location where I match, but can also be interpreted for the application itself (which could be either for the single site - covered with the initial $100 for up to 10 programs, or for a single field where they all get lumped together in case I applied to say 2 (advanced programs w/prelim) or something.