Those who've interviewed at GW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manicmaven

all aboard the nerd train
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have an interview at GW on October 22nd. I have to work the next morning and the only flight out I could get is at 5:30 pm that day at BWI airport. On the interview invite it says that the day starts at 10am and lasts for about 3.5 to 4 hours, but I've heard students report that it's a really long day. Does the day really end at 2pm or does it go until early evening? Am I screwing myself?

:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by manicmaven
Hey everyone,

I have an interview at GW on October 22nd. I have to work the next morning and the only flight out I could get is at 5:30 pm that day at BWI airport. On the interview invite it says that the day starts at 10am and lasts for about 3.5 to 4 hours, but I've heard students report that it's a really long day. Does the day really end at 2pm or does it go until early evening? Am I screwing myself?

:eek:

I just interviewed at GW on Oct. 10th and I stayed there till 2:15pm....The day started at 10:15 with an intro from one of the deans and then it is followed by a tour of the brand new hospital.....after that it will be time for lunch with interviews ranging from 12:30 to 2pm. Then after your two interviews, you have the option of going to tour the first year classes. this part is optional so if you have to leave , there would be no problem with that.

Hope this help.....

Thanks for the reassurance, serge23. I'd like to tour the first year classes but not at the expense of missing my flight and sleeping in the airport.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a current GWU student, so here's my advice: Call the Admissions office tomorrow and explain your situation. They should be able to arrange your interviews so that you don't have to worry about time. Darrell (admissions coordinator) is very nice and helpful about that kind of stuff, but he makes out the schedules well in advance so he needs to know what you need.

Great idea. I'll call tomorrow.:D