Dr Gerrard

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2009
Status
Medical Student
So did you all, after your exam, think about problems you may have missed?

I have been thinking a lot, thought of a few problems I missed on the real thing.

Now obviously, if those are the only problems I missed, I would be golden. But that is probably not the case.

So my question is, did you guys realize you missed problems after your real thing? Then, did you still end up scoring within practice test range?

I worry way toooooooo much about things I no longer have control over.

Naijaba

10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi Dr. Gerrard,

I knew that I got 2 wrong in PS, 1 wrong in VR and 2 wrong in BS; I realized it right after the test (within 5 minutes : ). That was 5 wrong for sure. I ended up getting a 14PS, 11VR, and 12BS. Which means [based upon these data: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=221456] I received 2-3 wrong on PS, 10-12 wrong on VR, and 6-10 wrong on BS. Assuming a ridiculous curve, I got 25 wrong overall, compared to the 5 I knew I got wrong. I think that's the worst you're going to do: 5x worse than you think.

OP
D

Dr Gerrard

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2009
Status
Medical Student
10-12 wrong on VR with an 11?

Did you take the older version?

aztri

Swim. Bike. Run.
5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2009
Phoenix Art Museum
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi Dr. Gerrard,

I knew that I got 2 wrong in PS, 1 wrong in VR and 2 wrong in BS; I realized it right after the test (within 5 minutes : ). That was 5 wrong for sure. I ended up getting a 14PS, 11VR, and 12BS. Which means [based upon these data: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=221456] I received 2-3 wrong on PS, 10-12 wrong on VR, and 6-10 wrong on BS. Assuming a ridiculous curve, I got 25 wrong overall, compared to the 5 I knew I got wrong. I think that's the worst you're going to do: 5x worse than you think.
Is there a more recent test score conversion chart? That one is from 2006 and seems to be based on the paper test.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Try not to think about it. Luckily, I was kinda out of it when I was done and couldn't remember much. I did find 1 PS question I missed. Found out 1 BS question I was worried about I got right. Other than those, I really couldn't remember much.

But seriously, thinking about it isn't going to help anything. The 33 days before I got my score, I got into the swing of not knowing, so much so that I didn't want the release day to come. I'd advise doing the same. Thinking about the problems and figuring out whether or not you got them right does nothing for your score. It only messes with your mind. It's the summer, go do something fun!

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So did you all, after your exam, think about problems you may have missed?

I have been thinking a lot, thought of a few problems I missed on the real thing.

Now obviously, if those are the only problems I missed, I would be golden. But that is probably not the case.

So my question is, did you guys realize you missed problems after your real thing? Then, did you still end up scoring within practice test range?

I worry way toooooooo much about things I no longer have control over.
yea as soon as i left i realized one of my BS questions was wrong. i still did well on it and scored very close to my averages.. interstingly, i thought the VR was the easiest and i did quite poorly on it compared to my average

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Try not to think about it. Luckily, I was kinda out of it when I was done and couldn't remember much. I did find 1 PS question I missed. Found out 1 BS question I was worried about I got right. Other than those, I really couldn't remember much.

But seriously, thinking about it isn't going to help anything. The 33 days before I got my score, I got into the swing of not knowing, so much so that I didn't want the release day to come. I'd advise doing the same. Thinking about the problems and figuring out whether or not you got them right does nothing for your score. It only messes with your mind. It's the summer, go do something fun!
worst day ever in terms of nerves. i was ultra cool on test day, but release day was a mess

OP
D

Dr Gerrard

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Thanks. I am mostly done with the worrying phase, probably until about the time of score release.

May 19, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
i knew i got 3 or so wrong for sure in both BS and PS, I had no clue how I did on verbal (i just go with my gut feeling on this section and hope for the best)

I did get 11 on BS, 12 on PS and 11 on verbal

I averaged 31 on the practice tests and got 34 on the actual exam, the increase was mainly due to verbal as I averaged 8 on verbal during practice exams

OP
D

Dr Gerrard

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2009
Status
Medical Student

How???

This would be awesome. I am at home, on summer break, and have nothing better to do.

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
I didn't look up anything except for 2 questions. 1 got wrong, 1 got right.