thoughts on College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (COMP)??

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by spyyder31, Dec 10, 2000.

1. spyyder31

spyyder31 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Does anyone have any thoughs or opinions on COMP??

2. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I had five schools to choose from and ultimately, picked Western. I will be attending COMP in the Fall...I liked it...e-mail me if you have specific questions...
    There are a bunch of others on the board that are currently attending...adn will be starting with me....
    I am sure they will respond as well...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. adri

adri Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

COMP is changing its whole curriculum...they are cutting unnecessary hours to put in more clinical hours....smart move by the department. I am a 2nd year and I wish they had done that for us...you will have a great advantage over others that spend most of their first two years strictly in the classroom. if you have any specific questions you can email me.
    adri

4. PV1

PV1

I choose COMP as well over some other schools! I think it is perhaps the best established osteopathic school on the west coast and it is close to home...so thats why I chose it. Given enough time I'm sure TUCOM will be an excellent choice, just a little too new for me. And yes I'm very excited about their new curriculum at COMP. Lookin forward to attending and meeting everyone next August! Now I would just like to find some more info. about their rotations so I have an idea of what to expect...

5. OP
    OP
    spyyder31

spyyder31 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thank you guys for your replies! This helps a whole lot!