1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

thoughts on College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (COMP)??

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by spyyder31, Dec 10, 2000.

1. spyyder31

spyyder31 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Does anyone have any thoughs or opinions on COMP??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I had five schools to choose from and ultimately, picked Western. I will be attending COMP in the Fall...I liked it...e-mail me if you have specific questions...
    There are a bunch of others on the board that are currently attending...adn will be starting with me....
    I am sure they will respond as well...

4. adri

adri Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

COMP is changing its whole curriculum...they are cutting unnecessary hours to put in more clinical hours....smart move by the department. I am a 2nd year and I wish they had done that for us...you will have a great advantage over others that spend most of their first two years strictly in the classroom. if you have any specific questions you can email me.
    adri

5. PV1

PV1

I choose COMP as well over some other schools! I think it is perhaps the best established osteopathic school on the west coast and it is close to home...so thats why I chose it. Given enough time I'm sure TUCOM will be an excellent choice, just a little too new for me. And yes I'm very excited about their new curriculum at COMP. Lookin forward to attending and meeting everyone next August! Now I would just like to find some more info. about their rotations so I have an idea of what to expect...

6. spyyder31

spyyder31 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thank you guys for your replies! This helps a whole lot!