Thoughts on Dermatology a pictorial review by Asra Ali

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medInUSA

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't do so Hot on my inservice :( SO am looking for a good board review book to really hit it strong to kill the test next year.

The only review book for Derm boards I could find (besides Galderma) is from the Specialty Board Review Series:

Dermatology: a pictorial review

by Asra Ali.

Has anyone used this? What are your opinions of this book?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't do so Hot on my inservice :( SO am looking for a good board review book to really hit it strong to kill the test next year.

The only review book for Derm boards I could find (besides Galderma) is from the Specialty Board Review Series:

Dermatology: a pictorial review

by Asra Ali.

Has anyone used this? What are your opinions of this book?

I used it this year instead of Galderma's material, I didn't find the book to be that much better. There are a couple of errors and while some chapters have great photos, there are considerable chapters with large blocks of text and few photos in between, for instance, the anatomy and surgery chapters. I also have the old edition, perhaps the newer edition has corrected these flaws.

That being said, if you are looking for a fresh take, it could be worthwhile as an additional item to study.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a new review derm board review book out which you may like better....it just came out in may of this year and is called dermatology illustrated study guide and comprehensive board review.

I didn't like ali's book....I liked this one much better! Look it up on amazon. It's cheaper than the other book too!

I didn't like ali's book....I liked this one much better! Look it up on amazon. It's cheaper than the other book too!

Out of curiosity, why is the only other post you have on this site about you taking the Florida dental boards a few months ago?

Hey Guywhodoesstuff....I wrote on the dental site because my sister is a dentist who was going to take the Florida dental board exam and was nervous about it. I wanted to ask other ppl what they thought about the exam and it was easier just to post as myself than explain it was for my sister! :)

Hey Guywhodoesstuff....I wrote on the dental site because my sister is a dentist who was going to take the Florida dental board exam and was nervous about it. I wanted to ask other ppl what they thought about the exam and it was easier just to post as myself than explain it was for my sister! :)

Gotcha. Not trying to be a jerk, was just having trouble putting two and two together.