Thoughts on Detroit-Mercy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tabi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on Detroit-Mercy? Good school, location, city etc. What is their open house?

Members don't see this ad.

I received their invitation, too. Are you going to be there? According to my friend who had interview there, he doesn't consider school is in good location.

No, I don't think I'm going to go. If they're not going to grant me an interview, I really don't have the time to see the school. I guess I'll have to depend on others' opinion of it

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
I have one word to say about Detroit-Mercy...WOW!! They have aschool there that I think anyone would be honored to attend. I went to the Open house this weekend and I was so impressed. Now I have only CWRU to compare it with, but Detroit blew Case out of the water. The school is about 4 year old in its new building. Every clinic is brand-spanking new and gorgeous. They have more modern technology in their simulation labs and throughout the clinics than most private practices that I've seen and I seen a lot of them. The price isn't as bad as most private schools and the neighborhood wasn' bad at all. The school used to be in the hood but is not in a neighbor hood similar to University heights, Ohio where John Carroll University is situated. If you don't know what I'm talking about then trust me it's a nice quaint area with small brick houses running from $800 to $1500/month. The school is somewhat close to a neighborhood that I wouldn't call it Beverly Hills but it isn't bad either. One thing I've noticed at other schools like Indiana is that the students opinion of their school is real important. I got the feeling from Indiana that the students aren't that happy there. At Detroit the students had nothing but praise for their school and for the administration. And after meeting the students and the administrators I would agree wholeheartedly. I give Detroit an A+.

Originally posted by Jstream
Hey guys,
I have one word to say about Detroit-Mercy...WOW!! They have aschool there that I think anyone would be honored to attend. I went to the Open house this weekend and I was so impressed. Now I have only CWRU to compare it with, but Detroit blew Case out of the water. The school is about 4 year old in its new building. Every clinic is brand-spanking new and gorgeous. They have more modern technology in their simulation labs and throughout the clinics than most private practices that I've seen and I seen a lot of them. The price isn't as bad as most private schools and the neighborhood wasn' bad at all. The school used to be in the hood but is not in a neighbor hood similar to University heights, Ohio where John Carroll University is situated. If you don't know what I'm talking about then trust me it's a nice quaint area with small brick houses running from $800 to $1500/month. The school is somewhat close to a neighborhood that I wouldn't call it Beverly Hills but it isn't bad either. One thing I've noticed at other schools like Indiana is that the students opinion of their school is real important. I got the feeling from Indiana that the students aren't that happy there. At Detroit the students had nothing but praise for their school and for the administration. And after meeting the students and the administrators I would agree wholeheartedly. I give Detroit an A+.

I guess I dug this thread from its grave! :D I know after 4 years this evaluation will be inaccurate since Case has completely altered its curriculum and built a new Sim lab. However, I am interested to see if people will still choose UDM over Case Western now?