thoughts on hpsp for dental school (air force)

LITTLED

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2004
middle of nowhere
    Hey guys!
    I met with an AF recruiter today about the hpsp scholarship. I have lots of questions to ask people in the program! While hearing the perspective of a woman in the AF in the dental field would be most similar to my situation, I don't know if this is too specific.
    While I may change my mind, I do want to keep my options in dental school open for a specialty field (orthodontics....:love: )
    Specializing in civilian dental school is fairly competitive, does it seem to be more/less competitve to specialize in a military residency? Does the military tend to discourage specializing because (it would seem to me) that there would be a larger need for general dentists?
    Exactly how does inactive reserve work? Did people on inactive reserve get called up/deployed for the Iraq war? Or do they only take you off inactive reserve if there is another draft?
    Any information you have is very helpful, I'm just a bundle of questions!
    thanks!
    d

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.