Thoughts on laptop/tablet/devices/other technology during ophtho residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eyeball Tickler

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I searched this sub-forum and couldn't find a post like this specific to ophtho residency. I wanted to ask everyone here on what their thoughts are with regards to their preferred laptop or tablet device (or other technology) for their learning, productivity, and growth during ophtho residency?

I would imagine that a simple enough laptop would work for studying purposes... but does anyone in here use something more powerful like a surface or anything else?

Are programs okay with use of laptops during lectures, grand rounds, and other small group didactic teaching?

What kind of laptop and other technology do you rely on during ophtho residency?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
my residency gave us an iPad mini to use. I had a laptop. I know people that had desktops at home that they liked to study at. It's all personal preference, right? iPad mini or kindle or tablet makes it easy to pull stuff up in clinic ;)

Reactions: 1 user
You just need a good shelf to keep your duke elder on ... grrrr kids these days and their technology.

Haha, actually I used my cell phone a lot. Plus reading the BCSC books, available on iPad, but I like the paper books. Ophthoquestions is performed on the cell phone so that’s all good.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile