thoughts on step study plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giguerex35

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all i wanted to get some thoughts on my plan of studying for step 1. I am currently a second year in endocrine block and yet to cover heme/onc (after december break)

currently going through B&B and pathoma by organ system and taking detailed notes for each video for the system we are currently learning AND one other system already covered in year 1 (i did neuro last block and am doing cardio now)

I am doing Zanki for systems already covered to keep at the forefront of my memory (currently 50 NEW cards for GI & renal daily)

doing 5-15 questions a day from AMBOSS and Kaplan on the subjects already covered (already about 600 Q deep, maybe more and hope to hit about 5K)

over december break i plan to review all of the notes i made from these videos and school notes and really memorize them while continuing Zanki and Qs

I will also probably take a full length sometime at the end of the break (and take it with a grain of salt for the material not learned yet)

I then plan to start UWorld after break and get through 2 passes of it before the actual exam

thoughts on this, anything else i should add or change. I have been periodically doing some studying just for micro and pharm but i very much do not like sketchy so I have been studying micro as I go

Note i did post this in the step forum but there was no response so remove if not allowed

Members don't see this ad.

Are you doing the pharm/micro sketchy decks? I know you don’t like sketchy but get over it. I’m a fourth year still riding the info burnt into my brain from those pics.

Beyond that, looks good to me. Take care of yourself as best you can. You can’t afford to burn out right before dedicated. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Are you doing the pharm/micro sketchy decks? I know you don’t like sketchy but get over it. I’m a fourth year still riding the info burnt into my brain from those pics.

Beyond that, looks good to me. Take care of yourself as best you can. You can’t afford to burn out right before dedicated. Good luck!

appreciate the feedback

not sure which decks you are referring to but i plan to use Zanki for micro and pharm in addition to what I am already doing. Also just to state it, i dont use sketchy not just becasue i don't like it but i find that i do not learn from it. I tried it first year and ran into many issues but that is neither here nor there

Members don't see this ad :)
appreciate the feedback

not sure which decks you are referring to but i plan to use Zanki for micro and pharm in addition to what I am already doing. Also just to state it, i dont use sketchy not just becasue i don't like it but i find that i do not learn from it. I tried it first year and ran into many issues but that is neither here nor there
It’s been a while, but I think it’s the lolnotacop decks that were in my Zanki (which is now Anking or something, it’s hard to keep up). Knowing these cold will not only help with step 1. It virtually guarantees a comfortable pass on comlex since level one is so nice/pharm heavy.

Reactions: 1 users
Agree with my man up here. I don't care if you don't like sketchy. Do the Anki decks for them. Just do it.