thoughts on these midwest programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buctowndoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I"m ranking these programs in no particular order, I liked all of them, some universty some community.
I want to get a feel about their national reputation, any good or bad experiences.
finalizing my list would be a lot easier if I could decide pre match whether to do cards or not.

Henry Ford Hospital- detroit
Wayne State-detroit
Indiana U-
Case Western-cleveland
ohio state
u of cinci
william beaumont Hosp-suburb/detroit
UIC

Members don't see this ad.

I"m ranking these programs in no particular order, I liked all of them, some universty some community.
I want to get a feel about their national reputation, any good or bad experiences.
finalizing my list would be a lot easier if I could decide pre match whether to do cards or not.

Wayne State-detroit
Indiana U-
Case Western-cleveland
ohio state
u of cinci
UIC

Case
OSU
IU
Wayne
UIC
Cincy
Henry Ford
Beaumont

i also agree that Case>OSU>UCinn based on reputation. UCinn had the most foreign grads too but i interviewed there and it sounded like a nice program. i dont know how to fit the other programs you listed into the above order.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't speak towards a few of these programs as I did not interview there; but based on reputation alone, I might guess that...

Case Western = Ohio State > Indiana U > U of Cinci > Wayne State = UIC > Henry Ford = Beaumont

what about cook county?

Wayne State-detroit
Indiana U-
Case Western-cleveland
ohio state
u of cinci
UIC
As far as IM reputation goes, IU would be #1 on that list.