Thoughts on using TPR for CARS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaw

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pretty straightforward... What do you guys think of TPR for CARS? What other good material is out there for the CARS section?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have the TPR Hyperlearning book, that is definitely a highly recommended book. EK 101 is another popular and helpful one among test takers. I can't comment too much on other ones like TBR and Kaplan since I haven't used them before.

I would also like to know this. I'm getting WRECKED by TPR CARS. It could also be that they deliberately choose the most boring subjects in the existence of humanity and put them in their tests.

Side Note: what about CARS Q-Packs? Any good? They like the real thing? Did the OG and didn't do terrible D: (76%) but CARS-1 in the beginning wrecked me.

If you have the TPR Hyperlearning book, that is definitely a highly recommended book. EK 101 is another popular and helpful one among test takers. I can't comment too much on other ones like TBR and Kaplan since I haven't used them before.

Does it matter which year of the TPRH we use? Would, say using a version a few years old, not be recommended? Or would it be okay?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it matter which year of the TPRH we use? Would, say using a version a few years old, not be recommended? Or would it be okay?
Hmm I have the 2012 edition one and it was helpful for me. I can't comment on the other editions though since I've never compared them. Sorry about that! :(

Personally I think TPR CARS is pretty hard... but I guess in that sense it prepares you well. AAMC qpacks should theoretically be the most "realistic".

The Princeton Review Hyperlearning verbal book has not really changed that much throughout the years, based on what I have seen. I would not be surprised if it is more or less the same book with the same passages from their first year of publishing a verbal book. I bought a very old copy on Ebay, then started wondering whether that was a good idea, so I bought a new higher price copy on Ebay. Both copies are more or less identical, with a few passages removed or added here and there. Also the old book I bought had 9 passages with 65 questions per test--I believe 7 questions per passage. The new books basically have exactly the same passages, just different format and cover and also less questions (but the same questions.)

I have not seen the current (2015), version. However, I would be willing to bet that it is the same with the "Science" type passages removed and maybe a few added to replace those.

Bottom line if you have the 2012 edition do not feel the need to run out and wait in line to purchase the all new, amazing 2016 version, hot off the press. It is really not the Apple IPhone--LOL.