thoughts on Western U video

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golfandmedicine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just came across this video, and wondered if other people have seen it. I can understand how the attrition rate is 80% for podiatry after watching this. The first five minutes I was somewhat mad this video existed, but there are some good shots of the school, and I guess its nice to know the students are able to enjoy themselves. Not gonna lie, the canadian guy was pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzikFC7VaEU&feature=endscreen

Members don't see this ad.

I thoroughly enjoyed the video, :rofl: I think it was just meant to be humorous! I don't think the student's who partook in the video are really the ones to be worried about.

What a waste of 14 minutes. It's such a trashy video just made for entertainment value.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just came across this video, and wondered if other people have seen it. I can understand how the attrition rate is 80% for podiatry after watching this. The first five minutes I was somewhat mad this video existed, but there are some good shots of the school, and I guess its nice to know the students are able to enjoy themselves. Not gonna lie, the canadian guy was pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzikFC7VaEU&feature=endscreen

Funny you bring this up: I watched this video earlier today!!

What are you mad about?? They were being goofy??

I saw this awhile ago and was happy to see students having so much fun!! What a relief to know that you can joke around while putting yourself through med school.

I saw this awhile ago and was happy to see students having so much fun!! What a relief to know that you can joke around while putting yourself through med school.
podiatry***

I wasnt mad about the video maxillofacial, sry I had just finished a practice mcat and was tired. What I meant was at first I was mad because it seemed fake almost, like people were mocking the career. But then I realized it actually was students and they were just having fun.

I posted it though because it shows off the campus, and people like me from the east coast probably wont get out that way to see the school before an interview.

I wasnt mad about the video maxillofacial, sry I had just finished a practice mcat and was tired. What I meant was at first I was mad because it seemed fake almost, like people were mocking the career. But then I realized it actually was students and they were just having fun.

I posted it though because it shows off the campus, and people like me from the east coast probably wont get out that way to see the school before an interview.

No worries, brother. I was just confused, that's all. Like AB said, I think it was intended to be light hearted!

Glad some of you liked it. It was not meant at all to be reflective of student life, we were just having some fun at the end of our first year. A lot of the humor comes from inside jokes and just making fun of ourselves so some of you will probably not get them.

We also did another one at the end of our second year that is also on YouTube. Again, you might not get a lot of the humor.

Glad some of you liked it. It was not meant at all to be reflective of student life, we were just having some fun at the end of our first year. A lot of the humor comes from inside jokes and just making fun of ourselves so some of you will probably not get them.

We also did another one at the end of our second year that is also on YouTube. Again, you might not get a lot of the humor.

I think there should be an annual "Youtube skit" contest amongst the 9 schools :)

This is my first time seeing this. Funny!

Reactions: 1 user
Its funny how I know half the people in that video now just from 4th year alone. It really is a small community.