Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fluffytoez

MS 1
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I am on the verge of collapsing! I have postponed the mcat exam 2 and this will probs be the third time I do so (scheduled for march 15th). I used kaplan and went from a 481 --> 485 ---> 489 ---> 487 on kaplan fl 1-4 and yesterday I took an AAMC FL 1 and made a 481. Now that being, said, I rushed throughout fast, I guess my anxiety got to me or something just happened. I am currently a junior, majoring in bio minoring in chem. I don't know what else to do, I am losing hope and freaking out. I am planning on applying for class of 2020. I also purchased the sterling books so I can do more practice in c/p because I feel like I am weak on that. for psych and soc, i glance from time to time on the 98 pg khan doc and i also do anki from time to time. I suck at cars as well which is usually my lowest score on kaplan fl. I honestly will take any advice you've got!

Members don't see this ad.

REGROUP!!!!

Start all over from ground zero. First you need to figure out a few things. (1) Are you missing questions because you don't know the material or because you don't interpret their questions as intended by the writer? (2) When does your anxiety kick in and is it crippling? (3) Are you trying to attack this exam through massive amounts of memorization or by stretching what you know well as far as you can on questions?

A score depends on many factors, and it is too easy to fall into the trap and think that a low score is due to lack of an adequate knowledge base. You are going to read other posts here that will tell you to go back and review the material in detail. That advice may or may not be right for you. To improve, you will have to first figure out why you are missing questions. Once you know why, which could be caused by an incomplete knowledge base, then you can start taking steps to improving. Over the years I have seen people improve for many different reasons (such as mastering the art of test taking, organizing their material better in their head, learning to manage their anxieties, or having more confidence.) You cannot improve the amount you need to until you do a thorough self-analysis of what is going wrong.

Only then should you entertain suggestions on what materials to use and what exams to take.

Reactions: 1 user