Thread Deleted: "12:38PM"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Richard R Scherf

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread was deleted because it was off topic and became personal communication between two forum members. To the authors: Take your conversation private through e-mail or the phone. Thank you.

Richard R Scherf, DMD, FAGD

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Scherf,

Exactly how is a thread going "off topic" grounds for deletion?

That thread wasn't excluding anyone. Other members of the SDN community simply chose not to participate in it. Is that grounds for deletion too? I have a copy of what determines if a post should be deleted sitting in my mailbox. Perhaps I should forward you a copy of that.

******, MS2

Dr Scherf (remarkable close association with the work sheriff) might be playing the fox on this one. Could he be trying to stir up activity on this site? EVERYONE and PRE- (DDS/DMD) have been less active and more tame in recent days. Few things rile students more than censorship.

[This message has been edited by groundhog (edited 03-06-2001).]

Members don't see this ad :)
*rage taking over*

Dante screams into a loudspeaker "Fight the man!! Down with the machine! They can't censor us!"

Looking around, and realizing he is the only person in the field, Dante quietly sets down his loudspeaker, and runs!

I'm actually a little annoyed with what Dr. Scherf did to the thread.

Dentists... Sheesh.

W.

"This thread was deleted because it was off topic......"

If I was inclinded to being a smart@ss, I might point out that the message explaining the removal of the previous thread is 'off-topic' in a pre-dental forum. That first 'off-topic' post has led to a sting of messages - similar to this one - that are 'off-topic'. Yet by the grace of the dentistry gods, this string has not been deleted yet. What's the deal?

I think the sherrif just wanted to stir up some action on his board. I never even visited this part of SDN until the Turtle incident-- so his ploy may be working.... Just imagine the furor that would erupt if a "conversation" on the DO or MD boards was deleted....
smile.gif

take it easy

homonculus