thread to allow people to send unfilled spots....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychotrope

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hundreds of sdners have the list by now......

and there are no real "ethical" concerns because the scramble is over. So anyone who complains about the ethics of it at this point are really grasping at straws.

So since we still have 15 or so hours until the list is available, can some sdner who has the list(and doesnt want to post it publically) just pm people who really want it.....I'm one of those, and would greatly appreciate it:)

Members don't see this ad.

hundreds of sdners have the list by now......

and there are no real "ethical" concerns because the scramble is over. So anyone who complains about the ethics of it at this point are really grasping at straws.

So since we still have 15 or so hours until the list is available, can some sdner who has the list(and doesnt want to post it publically) just pm people who really want it.....I'm one of those, and would greatly appreciate it:)

I couldn't say this better myself. Please PM the list to me too. Thanks!

I thought you already got it Tuesday...?

unmatched people(i matched) get it tuesday....it's technically a "violation" to give it to someone else, but every year in the past it's quickly leaked out.....and it should leak out every year.

The fact that anyone can defend the moneygrubbing policies of the nrmp or(especially) eras just blows my mind. They are the driving force behind this.

Really....600 dollars to submit my application to various programs? Yahoo could do the same thing for free, or maybe 2 dollars. where does all that money go? The fact that more people aren't outraged about this concerns me.....we just pay and pay and pay....for nothing.

And then when they say "oh you can't release the unfilled slots because it's a serious violation" we just accept that too.....if they were ethical or fair in any way I would understand them wanting fairness on 3/15, but they arent, so it's absurd....

Really....600 dollars to submit my application to various programs? Yahoo could do the same thing for free, or maybe 2 dollars. where does all that money go? The fact that more people aren't outraged about this concerns me.....we just pay and pay and pay....for nothing.

follow up point: I know that eras says that the 600 dollars(or in some cases more) goes to collect, disseminate, evaluate, etc all the "data" for last years match.

Well you know what? I don't give a **** about that. I have a life, so I'm not particular interested in obsessing over what % of american graduates who had 1 research project and a step1 score between 210-225 and ranked an average of between 7 and 9 programs matched into anesthesia....I *really* don't care.

What I care about is the 600 dollars you took from me to do.....nothing.

You provided a template. You transmitted to all the programs I clicked on.

BFD.

Gmail does the same thing for free.

Indignation aside, what does anyone have to gain by risking (no matter how small the risk) a match violation and potentially their match by sending the list to random internet people?

Indignation aside, what does anyone have to gain by risking (no matter how small the risk) a match violation and potentially their match by sending the list to random internet people?

Just create a new SDN account and post the info.

And then when they say "oh you can't release the unfilled slots because it's a serious violation" we just accept that too.....if they were ethical or fair in any way I would understand them wanting fairness on 3/15, but they arent, so it's absurd....

It's nowhere near $600 to register with NRMP, more like $50. Nut up or shut up. You'll spend 10x that traveling to a single cross-country interview.

It's nowhere near $600 to register with NRMP, more like $50. Nut up or shut up. You'll spend 10x that traveling to a single cross-country interview.

Not sure how $600 was calculated, but there are many fees paid by schools, programs, and candidates.

dude, everyone who registers with nrmp also registers with eras, and the average cost of an eras application(it obviously varies) is about 600 dollars.........they go together for 99.99% of people

and who the heck cares what the average cost of anything is? If the average cost of a hamburger was 390 dollars, would you still feel ok about paying 200-900 dollars for a service to do NOTHING?

Oh...and when I fly cross country, I at least understand why those costs exists. They are paying for fuel, pilots, security, checkers, maintenance, and probably 100 other things.......wtf is eras paying for?

ummm....many people here don't post from their own computer or with their own personal email address....a 6 year old today could create a junk email address that would work here

the risk is 0%.....

ummm....many people here don't post from their own computer or with their own personal email address....a 6 year old today could create a junk email address that would work here

the risk is 0%.....

Well, its close to 0%. But the benefit is much closer to 0%. My evidence for this claim? Your lack of the list! Wheeeeeee

Well, its close to 0%. But the benefit is much closer to 0%. My evidence for this claim? Your lack of the list! Wheeeeeee

the benefit(in terms of matched applicants in a certain field know where they filled) is maybe .01%......I guess because it gives them some piece of mind or whatever in a few cases a day or two before they find out where they are going

still low, but higher than a flat 0%......

the benefit(in terms of matched applicants in a certain field know where they filled) is maybe .01%......I guess because it gives them some piece of mind or whatever in a few cases a day or two before they find out where they are going

still low, but higher than a flat 0%......

I agree.

In my case seeing the list allowed me to effectively narrow my rank list down to 2 programs. My #2 program did not fill in the match. I got a letter from my #2 about 2 weeks before the ROLs were due stating that they were ranking me. While I don't put any stock in "ranked to match" or other statements of hyperbole used by program directors, I can't fathom a circumstance where it's in a program's interest to encourage people they didn't even rank to rank them highly right before the ROL deadline.

Thus, assuming I was ranked somewhere by my #2, I can be sure that if I didn't match at my #1, I matched there. Is it important in the grand scheme? No. Is it nice to know? Yes.

In my case seeing the list allowed me to effectively narrow my rank list down to 2 programs. My #2 program did not fill in the match. I got a letter from my #2 about 2 weeks before the ROLs were due stating that they were ranking me. While I don't put any stock in "ranked to match" or other statements of hyperbole used by program directors, I can't fathom a circumstance where it's in a program's interest to encourage people they didn't even rank to rank them highly right before the ROL deadline.

Thus, assuming I was ranked somewhere by my #2, I can be sure that if I didn't match at my #1, I matched there. Is it important in the grand scheme? No. Is it nice to know? Yes.

lol, I dont mean the benefit for YOU is close to 0. I meant the benefit for someone to send you the list. Obv it benefits the guy asking, or he wouldnt be asking.

Is this list out there yet? Match Day is in full swing....

The problem is that there are still several people "scrambling" to get a position. Those that have access may not want to share it because they are still working on finding a spot.

The problem is that there are still several people "scrambling" to get a position. Those that have access may not want to share it because they are still working on finding a spot.

And honestly, (1) there is only a downside to sharing a list and breaking your contract with the match -- you can lose whatever spot you attain if they found out, and (2) if you want to argue that there is some benefit to helping others, the one's we really should be helping are those poor souls who PAID to be in NRMP and are still looking for a spot. Those are the guys I feel sorry for, not someone who wants to get a freebie.

And honestly, (1) there is only a downside to sharing a list and breaking your contract with the match -- you can lose whatever spot you attain if they found out, and (2) if you want to argue that there is some benefit to helping others, the one's we really should be helping are those poor souls who PAID to be in NRMP and are still looking for a spot. Those are the guys I feel sorry for, not someone who wants to get a freebie.

:thumbup:

also, for the first time, this year there are more unmatched US seniors than positions available. So folks are pretty darn tight-lipped about giving the list out to people who were not in the match.

Technically the people that leak the list did not match. I would assume that a person who has rightful posession of the list has scrambled before leaking the list.

Doesn't really matter as the majority of the programs use ERAS during the scramble.

The original list is useless at this point for purposes of scrambling unless of course you are going to call every single program.

I hear that there are only a handful slots available in across all specialties right now. I am sure they would be happy to receive a phone call from anyone at this point.

SOMEONE POST IT ALREADY. IT IS TIME FOR IT TO BE POSTED.

Too much talk...I want to make sure the program I matched into didn't go unfilled!

PM it to me someone...please

Too much talk...I want to make sure the program I matched into didn't go unfilled!

Same here. Just post the damn thing.

one of the advantages of staying at home program... the PC was at match and told me everyone who matched into the program... 3 home students, 1 prelim got a categorical spot, and then 3 other students (2 of which I met while on the trail).

ditto.....a lot of americans who did match have the list(they got it before mods on various forums removed it for example).....since there would be no violation at this point, someone just post the list. Or pm me.

And I suspect most unmatched wouldn't mind sharing the list either at this point.

ditto.....a lot of americans who did match have the list(they got it before mods on various forums removed it for example).....since there would be no violation at this point, someone just post the list. Or pm me.

And I suspect most unmatched wouldn't mind sharing the list either at this point.

Um yeah they actually would be in violation for distributing the list even if they already matched. The terms of the match include that you aren't going to distribute things out of turn. Sorry but there are still folks who are continuing to shop for spots who paid the fee, and their fee bought themselves this time. They are the ones the rest of us feel sorry for and ought to protect from the folks who want a freebie. Until NRMP deems it time to release the list, it shouldn't be distributed, and contractually cannot be distributed. You didn't pay so you get to sit and wait.