Three AMCAS Questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by AF1892, Jul 11, 2001.

1. AF1892

AF1892 Member

Hi,

I had a few questions:

1.) What is P.E. considered? Lecture only/ Lab only/ Lecture and Lab?

2.) Is Biochemistry classified as bio or chem?

3.) When I paste my essays, there are no paragraph indentations. It looks like one huge paragraph. Why?

THanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats

Well,
    Since I had a ton of biology already listed on my application, I put it as Chemistry. I think there is another reason why to put it as chemistry but I can't remember it at this point. The paragraph thing is ok. It is in the FAQ on the AMCAS website. It will look like one giant paragraph but that is not how it will appear to the admissions officers at the various schools. As for PE, I have no clue.
    Good luck!
    Scoob :p

4. BeckyG

BeckyG Senior Member

Biochem is almost always chemistry -- it is short for biological chemistry (i.e., it is a chemistry class that looks at biological molecules and processes). For PE, if it was an actual graded class, then it would be an "AO" and probably a class -- not a lab. (In general, labs are taken in addition to the class, to help learn the points taught in the class, etc.) Re: the AMCAS paragraph stuff, listen to Scooby -- I have no idea, I applied in the "good old days" of AMCAS-E diskettes. Good luck!

5. FisherKing

FisherKing Junior Member

In HELP, biochem is chemistry. Helpful HELP.

6. EMDrMoe

EMDrMoe Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I must have misread the FAQ page - I thought it said that the way it was printed is the way it will look to the schools. Anyway, I ended up skipping a line between my paragraphs. Put PE in whatever you think, I'd do lecture & lab personally. Good luck :)