1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Three cheers for this site.

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by kestrelcry, Apr 30, 2007.

1. kestrelcry

10+ Year Member

Psychologist
    I've barely posted here, mostly 'cause I really don't know enough at this point to be able to give any advice, but I wanted to post my appreciation for this site. I've learned a lot about the degree, the application process, and the uses for different types of qualifications. I also just got an internship with a professor who does research in my are of interest as a direct result of various pieces of info I've gotten off this site. I didn't even know the importance of an RA postion before I came here, let alone how to find one. So, thanks to all of you, and I hope to be able to pass along advice when I'm further along in this whole marathon process.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Therapist4Chnge

Therapist4Chnge Neuropsych Ninja Faculty
    Faculty Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Psychologist
    Glad 'we' (as a community) could help!

I hope you stick around and continue to post. There are many people in your area (feeling like they may not be in a position to contribute), but there are/will be chances for you to contribute.

-t

4. ny1020

2+ Year Member

I second the thanks to everyone on this site. For the most part, I do lurk...I admit, I am a lurker...but I try to put my 2 cents in when I can, and I have received much advice. You guys are all wonderful for sharing as much as you do. And not to start any debates, but the info I have read here has definitely helped me decide not to apply to certain schools - thank you all!

5. yikes

7+ Year Member

i'd like to say thanks too!

6. RayneeDeigh

5+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    Well hi!

Stick around and post, 'cause even if you don't think you know a lot of information to give advice, your opinion on things still counts!

7. Therapist4Chnge

Therapist4Chnge Neuropsych Ninja Faculty
    Faculty Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Psychologist
    For those who may not know what they can contribute to the forum, I'm always interested in hearing what people are researching/curious about, and any great articles people come across. It is a nice break from my area of interest, and I'm sure others would be interested too.

-t