Three cheers for this site.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kestrelcry

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've barely posted here, mostly 'cause I really don't know enough at this point to be able to give any advice, but I wanted to post my appreciation for this site. I've learned a lot about the degree, the application process, and the uses for different types of qualifications. I also just got an internship with a professor who does research in my are of interest as a direct result of various pieces of info I've gotten off this site. I didn't even know the importance of an RA postion before I came here, let alone how to find one. So, thanks to all of you, and I hope to be able to pass along advice when I'm further along in this whole marathon process.

Members don't see this ad.

Glad 'we' (as a community) could help!

I hope you stick around and continue to post. There are many people in your area (feeling like they may not be in a position to contribute), but there are/will be chances for you to contribute.

-t

I second the thanks to everyone on this site. For the most part, I do lurk...I admit, I am a lurker...but I try to put my 2 cents in when I can, and I have received much advice. You guys are all wonderful for sharing as much as you do. And not to start any debates, but the info I have read here has definitely helped me decide not to apply to certain schools - thank you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
i'd like to say thanks too!

Well hi!

Stick around and post, 'cause even if you don't think you know a lot of information to give advice, your opinion on things still counts!

For those who may not know what they can contribute to the forum, I'm always interested in hearing what people are researching/curious about, and any great articles people come across. It is a nice break from my area of interest, and I'm sure others would be interested too.

-t