Throwaway school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strawberrycake

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applying to a throwaway school

The COVID got the best of me and now I’m turning my app late since one of my damn transcripts is not received for 3 months and until now

Can you give me a throwaway school that I can apply for so I can get verified? I was thinking about adding a school that made the MCAT optional this year and I don’t know if this is ok. I am CA resident by the way
I know Washington university made the mcat optional but they don’t like OOS even though I have some ties as my brother’s best friend lives there
Can you tell me other school that made mcat optional and CA resident friendly
And can you suggest me a DO school too please

Members don't see this ad.

Applying to a throwaway school

The COVID got the best of me and now I’m turning my app late since one of my damn transcripts is not received for 3 months and until now

Can you give me a throwaway school that I can apply for so I can get verified? I was thinking about adding a school that made the MCAT optional this year and I don’t know if this is ok. I am CA resident by the way
I know Washington university made the mcat optional but they don’t like OOS even though I have some ties as my brother’s best friend lives there
Can you tell me other school that made mcat optional and CA resident friendly
And can you suggest me a DO school too please
Not sure what you think a throwaway school is. It's what you submit to early, in order to get verified. It's no longer early, so what do you need it for? Are you still waiting for an MCAT score? If so, when will you receive it? Verification queues are already beginning to shrink. If you submit now, you won't be verified until early October. if you submit in early October, there will be little or no wait at all by then. At this point, why not just wait and do everything at once?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure what you think a throwaway school is. It's what you submit to early, in order to get verified. It's no longer early, so what do you need it for? Are you still waiting for an MCAT score? If so, when will you receive it? Verification queues are already beginning to shrink. If you submit now, you won't be verified until early October. if you submit in early October, there will be little or no wait at all by then. At this point, why not just wait and do everything at once?

I will be taking the latest mcat score come out oct 13 :( I am feeling like a **** but this all I could do
And some schools have oct 1 deadline to submit app. I don’t if I can wait to oct to submit since one of my transcript is not there and I don’t know they may be lazy and won’t verify me until November

Last edited:
I will be taking the latest mcat score come out oct 13 :( I am feeling like a **** but this all I could do
And some schools have oct 1 deadline to submit app. I don’t if I can wait to oct to submit since one of my transcript is not there and I don’t know they may be lazy and won’t verify me until November
Is the October deadline to submit an unverified app, or a verified one? If it's the latter, it might already be too late!!! TBH, this is definitely pushing it for MD in terms of timing. Are you willing to go DO, which has a later timeline? Can you hold off for another year? Do you have any idea what you MCAT is going to look like? Is you PS ready for primetime? You need to know the answer to these questions before you start with a throwaway the second week of September.

UCD took one OOS only last year, please make donation to a public school ☺

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
UCID took one OOS only last year, please make donation to a public school ☺
You mean University of california Irvine? If so I worked there and took classes there too and I would never go there lol
I might apply for university of Minnesota since they have optional mcat this year and they are oos friendly I don’t know if this is a wise decision tho
I am going to take the mcat anyways

You mean University of california Irvine? If so I worked there and took classes there too and I would never go there lol
I might apply for university of Minnesota since they have optional mcat this year and they are oos friendly I don’t know if this is a wise decision tho
I am going to take the mcat anyways
Sorry for the typo, I meant UC Davis.