unDRdog

10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2008
Texas/ Arkansas
Status
Pre-Medical
I typed this up in the Sept 10 thread but think it will serve as good food for thought on the main page....feel free to elaborate/add/whatever..

I think there is something to be said about test anxiety/peak performance. I've been giving a lot of thought to a quote i read; "I will never say that i have telekinesis. But I do think that when i am in that moment when my concentration is the highest, when it's at its peak, i see things more clearly, and things happen slower. And I think they happen easier. When that moment happens, its like it's magic. I wish I could be down the stretch in a major championship every week, because it's the calmest I ever feel."---Tiger Woods.... With this quote i am beginning to appreciate the importance of concentration in a new way. As our test date approaches we should and can use the ensuing anxiety in a constructive way in order to narrow our focus and leverage our performance on game day. Think ab it...we have all been there...When we sit down with a certain concept set in front of us and explode through it with a rate of comprehension that defies normal study sessions. I parallel those unique times of utter clarity in the books with Tiger's "magical calmness." So the question is how do we get to that place where everything is still, slow , and "easy" on the test day. Well i leave that for you to decide and figure out. But i guess the point of this little soap box i'm on is reminder that is does exists and we should all make it a point to walk into that test center as Tiger Woods walks down the fairway on Sunday afternoon.

G1SG2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 2, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I typed this up in the Sept 10 thread but think it will serve as good food for thought on the main page....feel free to elaborate/add/whatever..

I think there is something to be said about test anxiety/peak performance. I've been giving a lot of thought to a quote i read; "I will never say that i have telekinesis. But I do think that when i am in that moment when my concentration is the highest, when it's at its peak, i see things more clearly, and things happen slower. And I think they happen easier. When that moment happens, its like it's magic. I wish I could be down the stretch in a major championship every week, because it's the calmest I ever feel."---Tiger Woods.... With this quote i am beginning to appreciate the importance of concentration in a new way. As our test date approaches we should and can use the ensuing anxiety in a constructive way in order to narrow our focus and leverage our performance on game day. Think ab it...we have all been there...When we sit down with a certain concept set in front of us and explode through it with a rate of comprehension that defies normal study sessions. I parallel those unique times of utter clarity in the books with Tiger's "magical calmness." So the question is how do we get to that place where everything is still, slow , and "easy" on the test day. Well i leave that for you to decide and figure out. But i guess the point of this little soap box i'm on is reminder that is does exists and we should all make it a point to walk into that test center as Tiger Woods walks down the fairway on Sunday afternoon.
:thumbup:

Baboo Bhaiya

Thoreau to Spinoza
5+ Year Member
May 14, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
"I do not know
Why yet I live to say 'This thing's to do;'
Sith I have cause and will and strength and means
To do't."

from Hamlet has been a motivation for me