Till when do schools send out invitations for interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steve007

Nonviolent Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't interview till Feb or March, are you always interviewing for a position on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DriNDT
If you don't interview till Feb or March, are you always interviewing for a position on the waitlist?

sup dri...

if its a non rolling place then the chances are less likely you are fighting for a waitlist spot...

however if you are going to a school that rolls then its highly likely you are trying to get a waitlist spot unless you are a superstar.

thats why everyone makes a big deal and hopes for interviews early in the process (oct-jan)

so hows life been treatin ya? :p

My friend interviewed in April at MCV after calling them and asking if she was going to be taken off the interview hold. They told her they had a cancelation and interviewed her 2 days later and gave her an acceptance 2 weeks later. So some schools may still have spots open late in the game. It will just be the luck of the draw.

I have heard of interviews as late as april, but that is way late. I would say post-january you're pretty much interviewing for a spot on the waitlist. But since the majority of schools have a less than 50% yield (more than half of the class is off waitlist), interviewing for a waitlist spot isnt that bad of a situation.