Time Between Interview and Submission of Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kuba

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well...dont hate me...yet. So I saw in the other very similar thread Oculus said to start an official thread about this since it is asked often (i am 95% sure he/she was joking, but I did it anyway) So without further ado:

List the school you landed an interview at and the time in days between the mailing of your secondary and the interview invite.

we want the shortest and longest times only. So if your time is shorter than the shortest or longer than the longest, erase the old one and put yours in.

DMU - 1 day
KCUMB: Pre-secondary
NSUCOM: 8 days from clicking submit online(8 hours from receiving "complete email")
TUCOM-MI: 1-2 days
TUCOM-Nevada: about five days
UNECOM: 5 hours
Western/COMP - Pre-secondary
West Virginia: was on the "decision pending" list for about a month before the interview invite; felt like forever

Members don't see this ad.

TUCOM-Nevada: about five days
West Virginia: was on the "decision pending" list for about a month before the interview invite; felt like forever
TUCOM-Mare Island: about one week

yea, i guess just post the time it took you if u want and ill add it to my original list. people wont have to scroll far and god knows im on here often enought o keep it updated:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
great reference thanks DRKUBA

TUCOM-MI: 1-2 days
UNECOM: 5 hours

I apologize. I think my answer was a bit off. It was 5 hours after it was complete. I submitted the night before, but they didn't look at it until the morning, so interpret as you want. It was the first week, so I think they were moving faster than right now. I was surprised to when I got the complete email at 10:30am, and the interview email at 2:30pm.

I apologize. I think my answer was a bit off. It was 5 hours after it was complete. I submitted the night before, but they didn't look at it until the morning, so interpret as you want. It was the first week, so I think they were moving faster than right now. I was surprised to when I got the complete email at 10:30am, and the interview email at 2:30pm.

oh, ok, I had the same thing with Nova. I got my interview email 8 hours after my complete email.

I submitted my UNECOM secondary on Saturday and sent out the check on Sunday. I still haven't received a complete email. Should I be worried?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh never mind..I went back through my emails and realized they did send me a file complete on the 2nd...and its the 5th...and no email about interviews:confused:

Oh never mind..I went back through my emails and realized they did send me a file complete on the 2nd...and its the 5th...and no email about interviews:confused:

They send a file complete without receiving money tho. I called in my credit card to pay, but had gotten the file complete before i did. I would not be worried at all yet since you snail mailed it. Also, they may wait on some applications or review NE residents first.

have any schools (besides comp) offered interviews after you submit your secondary but before you are complete (without having received your LORs)? i won't have all my LORs complete until the end of the month--is there an advantage to still get the secondaries in ASAP?

OUCOM: 5 days

(unofficial mcat's "completed" me on friday the 13th, snail mail invite rec'd wednesday, the 18th)

Change to:

West Virginia SOM: "In Process - Decision Pending" for over 6 weeks. Sept 1 to Oct 20.

And that's the only interview so I'll keep you posted haha.

Wow about DMU, I have yet to hear from them... Should i be concerned? I had my online app in August, and had my letters sent last week. :S

Anyone want to share for: LECOM, PCOM, NJMD-SOM?

I can only speak for LECOM, and for me, it was about 2 days from the time I got an email saying I was complete. I've heard PCOM takes a while though.

And some people were saying about UNECOM, I never got an email saying I was complete. I just got an interview the next morning. I'm assuming that means I'm complete?

How about KCUMB not pre-secondary for us August MCATer's who didn't have that luxury?