time for practice exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RSum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long should I allocate my time to practice exams after content review? I was thinking a little more than a month? Probably 5-7 weeks of progressively destroying practice exams. : )

Members don't see this ad.

How long should I allocate my time to practice exams after content review? I was thinking a little more than a month? Probably 5-7 weeks of progressively destroying practice exams. : )

Depends how many you're doing and how many days you're going to spend between them.

I'm planning on doing AAMC3-11 over a 3.5 week period.

I wanted to ask you all, is there such thing as "too long" spending time practice exams. I ask because I can choose between a couple dates in May, is 6-7 weeks with 2-3 practice exams a week alright?

Members don't see this ad :)
i would aim for 4 weeks. i've heard stories about people starting off with a 27 on AAMC 3, and then 4 weeks later ending up with a 36 on their last exam (and AAMC 3 is supposedly the easiest). point is, the practice just makes you more comfortable with the format. so you want to make sure you give yourself time to adjust to it. even if you bomb the first one, don't get discouraged. this annoying computer shi* just takes some time to get used to

i would aim for 4 weeks. i've heard stories about people starting off with a 27 on AAMC 3, and then 4 weeks later ending up with a 36 on their last exam (and AAMC 3 is supposedly the easiest). point is, the practice just makes you more comfortable with the format. so you want to make sure you give yourself time to adjust to it. even if you bomb the first one, don't get discouraged. this annoying computer shi* just takes some time to get used to

I am actually a retaker. I simply wasn't prepared but do you think 5-6+ weeks could hurt me in any way?