1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

time for the test...

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by musicalmedicine, Dec 4, 2008.

1. musicalmedicine

musicalmedicine Guitarist/future MD
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey everyone,

I hope you are all doing well in your classes and are ready for your finals!
    Now that my first semester of college is about to come to an end and finals are only two weeks away I've been starting to wonder when the majority of people take the MCAT. If you could all let me know in terms of the class year you took it (sophmore, junior) and what month you guys took it in it would really help me out a lot in planning my studying time and schedule (for the next 1 to 2 years?)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KempDrumsalot

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    We currently have an active thread about this topic (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=475023). It's a few spots above yours. Make sure to use the search key or just look at the forums before posting a new topic.

If you plan on not taking a year off after college, take it in January of your junior year. That will give you time to apply early decision. Take it sooner if you feel you are not strong enough, otherwise study a little over the summer before junior year and during the winter break before you take the test.

4. musicalmedicine

musicalmedicine Guitarist/future MD
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Sorry, when I did a search nothing came up that looked very relevant to my question. Thanks for your help!! Your answer was exactly what I needed to know.

5. KempDrumsalot

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Not a problem, and I can completely understand, sometimes the search tool just gives to much to sort through. Good luck with everything!