denty

dont eat yellow snow
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2004
Status
Could someone tell me what exactly are the NBDE's? What are the major exams that are taken at dental school? Is there one at the end of every year? I heard something along those lines and that they are cummalative.

OP
D

denty

dont eat yellow snow
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2004
Status
okay so i am answering my own question after doing a bit of searching :rolleyes: . but for those of you who dont know:
NBDE are national board exams that are taken after your 2nd year. it pretty much covers everything you learned your first two years, but i think mostly text stuff and not lab. it seems like one very big and detailed DAT exam. not looking forward to it. :eek:

egpndoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
So Cal
Status
denty said:
okay so i am answering my own question after doing a bit of searching :rolleyes: . but for those of you who dont know:
NBDE are national board exams that are taken after your 2nd year. it pretty much covers everything you learned your first two years, but i think mostly text stuff and not lab. it seems like one very big and detailed DAT exam. not looking forward to it. :eek:
Some schools take the NBDE after the first year. I dont remember which ones though.

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
Cleveland (ON, Can)
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Here are more info:

http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/natboard/index.asp

denty said: