Time from AMCAS CBC request to actual CBC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockydoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have been accepted to a school participating in the AMCAS CBC and I received an email saying that I would shortly get a request from Certiphi for permission to run a criminal background check.

Someone said on here that they got the second email in 10 days. Well, its been two weeks, and I've still not received the second email. And I even made sure that the Certiphi email address is not being blocked by my email provider.

So is this normal? Or should I have already received that second email?? If so, then do I contact AMCAS about it?

Thanks, and sorry if this has already been addressed (although I didnt find it anywhere).

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email from AMCAS about week after I was accepted, and a second email from certiphi on that same day.

I wouldn't worry too much though, since it's only January and I bet certiphi is swamped. I have been waiting for almost three weeks for them to finish my check, which they said would take 3-5 days.

Yea, the two emails came for me within hours of each other, and my screening was done within 3 days or so. but this was back in October when i got my first acceptance, so theyre probably alot busier now. Don't sweat it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hijack, but I saw this thread and was like, "What? The AAMC wants your blood now too?"

Sorry to hijack, but I saw this thread and was like, "What? The AAMC wants your blood now too?"

Admissions are getting more and more competitive. Pretty soon they're going to want other kinds of samples:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsVgi8hoFFc[/YOUTUBE]

Ok, so I have been accepted to a school participating in the AMCAS CBC and I received an email saying that I would shortly get a request from Certiphi for permission to run a criminal background check.

Someone said on here that they got the second email in 10 days. Well, its been two weeks, and I've still not received the second email. And I even made sure that the Certiphi email address is not being blocked by my email provider.

So is this normal? Or should I have already received that second email?? If so, then do I contact AMCAS about it?

Thanks, and sorry if this has already been addressed (although I didnt find it anywhere).

OP..I had the same situation. I called the 1-800 number on the certiphi, and they resent me the email. If I were you, I would do that.